Accounting Assistant (Non-Profit) – Flexible Schedule/To $40k
Our client, a Raleigh-based non-profit organization, is actively recruiting for a bright and diligent candidate to assume key role on its accounting team.
We seek a candidate with some background in non-profit accounting to manage A/P, A/R and perform other duties as needed. The organization uses PeopleSoft and Blackbaud and familiarity would be a plus.
Responsibilities to include:
- Preparing and processing all A/P and A/R
- Receiving, verifying and coding invoices
- Entering invoices for payment
- Managing check runs
- Receipting donations and sending thank you notes
- Handling new donor and new vendor set up
- Updating vendor and donor information
- Other administrative duties as needed (copying, filing, backup for reception desk, etc.)
Selected candidate will offer a degree and 1+ years of non-profit accounting experience handling the tasks noted above. Experience with monthly billing for donations and posting of receipts will be important. Other priorities include:
- Knowledge of Accounts Payable, Reconciliations, etc.
- Keen attention to detail
- Strong compliance orientation
- Proficient in computer and databases; PeopleSoft and Blackbaud are desirable plusses
Finally and importantly, we seek a team player who will be reliable, flexible, resourceful, cooperative and committed.
This is a Direct Hire opportunity and an immediate need. Hours can be flexible during standard business hours.
Position will pay to the $40k.
Please forward Word resume for prompt consideration. Local candidates only.