Analytical Scientist / Senior Scientist (R&D) – RTP Pharma – Direct Hire
Our client, an RTP-based pharmaceutical company in high growth mode, is actively recruiting for an exceedingly knowledgeable R&D Scientist to join its Analytical team.
This company is one of the fastest-growing in the Triangle. It is developing a portfolio of highly anticipated products and has a rich and expanding pipeline, to include launched products. This Scientist will play a critical role on the Analytical R&D team.
The focus of this role will be the analysis and characterization of raw materials, polymer formulation and process development support for the development of bioabsorbable drug eluding implants. This Scientist will play a key role in supporting multiple R&D programs.
Key Things to Note:
- The majority of this role will be dedicated to laboratory experimentation, we seek a quality candidate who prefers lab-based work.
- This is a Bench role designing and developing novel analytical methodologies
- This is an Analytical R&D role, we seek a knowledgeable and intuitive scientist who thrives in designing and conducting experiments
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Leading the design and development of novel analytical methodologies
- Performing and leading laboratory experimentation
- Providing technical interpretation, advice, and consultation on analytical results to colleagues, as well as internal and external partners involved in the process
- Conducting analytical analysis using analytical instruments, collecting and analyzing data and documenting results
- Designing experiments and conducting analytical experimental work to provide data-based conclusions about a process or product performance.
- Participating in cross-functional project teams and communicating results
- Mentoring and training less experienced scientists
All tasks will be performed in a GMP/GLP compliant facility. Targeted candidate will offer a Scientific Degree and 5-10 years of directly related analytical R&D experience, to include experience working in an industry/ pharma setting. Ideal is a candidate who has experience with the CMC transition from proof of concept to Phase I / II.
Expertise with the following techniques and instrumentation will be important:
- Proficiency with physical polymer characterization testing methodologies (including DSC, FTIR, TGA)
Other priorities include:
- Experience in a GxP regulated environment
- Polymer characterization experience
- Experience writing reports detailing procedures, outcomes, and observations.
- Prior experience with medical and/or pharmaceutical grade materials (bioabsorbable/bioresorbable materials).
- Experience with the CMC transition from product research to development
- Proficiency with method, protocol and report writing
Finally, and critically, we seek a candidate who will thrive in this fast-paced, highly dynamic setting. Someone who can switch gears readily and stay focused. A lot is happening, and we seek a candidate who is excited to be part of it and ready to contribute. The future is very bright. We seek a contributor who enjoys the challenge and stays focused on the mission.
Please forward Word resume for prompt consideration.
Local candidates only.