Analytical Scientist / Senior Scientist - R&D (Polymers) – RTP Pharma – Direct Hire
Our client, an RTP-based pharmaceutical company in high growth mode, is actively recruiting for an exceedingly knowledgeable R&D Scientist to join its Analytical team.
This company is one of the fastest growing in the Triangle. It is developing a portfolio of highly anticipated products and has a rich and expanding pipeline. This Senior Scientist will support multiple R&D programs, specifically related to bioabsorbable drug eluting implants.
Key Things to Note:
- This is a lab-based role in a GMP/GLP-compliant setting. Right candidate will enjoy lab experimentation roles and will be knowledgeable of GMP/GLP practices. Experience transitioning from proof of concept to Phase I / II would be valuable.
- Position will involve designing and developing novel analytical methodologies related to raw materials, polymer formulation and process development. Right candidate will bring broad and deep knowledge in this space. Specific techniques are detailed below.
- This Scientist will be a senior member of the R&D team. Right candidate will enjoy mentoring and guiding junior level scientists.
- This an emerging business setting. Right candidate will bring the initiative and critical-thinking skills to thrive in a building role.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Lead the design and development of novel analytical methodologies
- Perform and lead a broad spectrum of laboratory experimentation applying superior technical execution.
- Provide technical interpretation, advice and consultation on analytical results to laboratory personnel
- Conduct analytical analysis of specified samples using the appropriate analytical instruments, collect and analyze the data using the scientific data analysis method, well document the results and work with partners to resolve the technical challenges and issues
- Design experiments and conduct analytical experimental work to provide data-based conclusion about a process or product performance.
- Lead cross-functional team members to generate value-creating results
- Mentor junior employees in scientific methodology
Targeted candidate will offer a scientific degree and 5-10 years of directly related analytical R&D experience, to include experience working in a GMP / GLP setting. Experience with medical grade polymers/bioabsorbable materials highly desired.
Expertise with the following techniques and instrumentation will be critical:
- Proficiency with physical polymer characterization testing methodologies (including DSC, FTIR, TGA)
Other priorities/preferences include:
- Polymer characterization experience
- Proficiency with GC-FID, GC-MS, common detection systems (UV, RI, MS, ELSD)
- Proficiency with chromatographic partitioning techniques (RP, SEC, IEX, HILIC)
- In vitro degradation and active agent release studies and ample preparations
- Developing and performing test methods in accordance with USP, FDA, and/or ASTM standards.
- Proficiency in method, protocol and report writing
Finally, we seek a leader who will thrive in this fast-paced, dynamic setting. The future is very bright. We seek a contributor who enjoys the challenge and stays focused on the mission.
This is a direct hire opportunity and compensation will be generous.
Please forward Word resume for prompt consideration. Local candidates targeted.