Audit Supervisor, Mid-Sized Firm (CPA Required) – Top $$/Direct Hire
Our client, an award-winning Raleigh area public accounting firm that provides comprehensive financial services to its small- and mid-sized business clients, is actively recruiting for a top-notch candidate to join its team as an Audit Supervisor.
This firm is one of the largest locally-owned and -managed CPA firms in the Triangle. It boasts a client-focused culture and a reputation for quality and personalized service. Seek Accountant who brings a similar service philosophy.
Further, this firm offers a well-defined career path for employees while also enabling a healthy work-life balance. The firm is a repeat winner of “Best Places to Work” in the Triangle, largely due to its “people matter” culture.
The position will involve leading multiple, diverse audits engagements – with the vast majority of its assignments being in-town. Specifics include:
- Assist supervisors and managers in leading complex engagements in the field
- Properly plan an engagement, review audit and accounting work papers to ensure risks are evaluated and documentation requirements and technical considerations are performed
- Handle technical audit and accounting matters
- Foster client relations
- Ensure budgets are properly prepared and analyzed
- Ensure that accurate and appropriately documented audit files and financial statements are prepared in accordance with all appropriate rules and requirements.
- Supervise staff of 1 or 2 people and carry out responsibilities in accordance with GAAP and firm policies
Targeted candidate will offer a BS in Accounting and 4+ years of external audit experience. CPA license is required.
In addition, we seek candidates with experience:
- applying accounting and audit knowledge to client situations
- broad and deep knowledge of GAAP and best practices is assumed and required
- determining audit risk areas based on events and trends within the client's business
- analyzing and documenting client's reporting framework and internal control procedures
- providing timely and effective responses to client needs and concerns
Other priorities include:
- Experience with cloud-based applications (including accessing clients’ records as well as
- QuickBooks proficiency
- History of providing exceptional client service, including unwavering commitment to quality
- Excellent organization skills, including ability to successfully juggle multiple engagements
- Keen attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to leading a team, and contribute to the development of staff
- Longevity and growth in previous roles
Finally and critically, we seek a candidate who enjoys working emerging business clients and helping them to understand their financial activity. Excellent communication skills, as well as flexibility, versatility, and commitment, will be essential.
Compensation will be generous. Local candidates targeted. Please forward Word resume for prompt consideration.