BioPharma Investments (R&D Due Diligence) – Program Manager
Our client, a Raleigh-based firm that provides investment capital to biopharma companies that are developing next-generation drugs and technologies, is actively recruiting for a highly capable candidate to assume key role on its Business Development team. Position will involve driving the due diligence efforts for Investment targets. Firm will pay generously to attract and retain a star.
Key Things to Note:
- This firm invests in both entire companies and specific products being developed by companies (both large and small). This role will focus on due diligence efforts for specific product targets – typically later stage products that are near commercialization.
- This Program Manager will lead a team of R&D and other experts (mostly external consultants) who will perform due diligence activities related to investment targets. Right candidate will combine substantial drug development knowledge with exceptional project leadership skills and familiarity with the due diligence process. In-licensing, out-licensing bkgd would be desirable.
- This is a dynamic, high expectations, globally-focused setting. Right candidate will be an exceedingly sharp, intellectually-curious candidate who is both business savvy and mission-driven. Ability to lead disparate resources to reach a shared goal will be essential.
- Some travel, including international, may be required. Company is open to both Direct Hire and Contractor candidates.
The focus of the role is to support diligence operations for specific investment opportunities and support the deal team in preparing investment committee materials. The role may also support post-deal alliances. Specifics include:
- Coordinate the due diligence process on specific investments:
- Form/engage the appropriate team of development, regulatory and commercial experts – pre-clinical to commercial.
- Support due diligence process and logistics including kickoff meetings, post-call meeting summaries, deliverables management, timeline oversight, etc.
- Manage project activities, including frequent follow-ups associated with task owners
- Identify, escalate and resolve issues, problems and similar situations in a timely fashion
- Act as primary contact person for the BioPharma company on investment diligence matters
- Assist in managing a team of industry consultants in running technical/scientific diligence
- Ensure appropriate and timely communication of information to stakeholders
- Help to prepare and contribute to investment committee documents summarizing the investment thesis for and due diligence on investment opportunities
- Support Governance and Alliance Manager for on-going deals including maintaining updated information from BioPharma counterparty, producing investment update summaries, coordinating Steering Committee quarterly calls, etc.
- Participate in other Investment functions including maintaining detailed Company and Pipeline overviews, organizing initial triage for new opportunities, etc.
Targeted candidate will offer a related degree (MBA preferred) and 8+ years of pharmaceutical or biotech experience, including direct participation in the R&D, Diligence, and/or Licensing process. Exceptional project leadership skills assumed and required. Other priorities include:
- Substantial experience coordinating the work of external consultants
- Proactive, smart and deadline-driven organizational skills
- Clear, thorough and timely written and verbal communication abilities
- Keen problem-solving, critical thinking and troubleshooting skills
- History of achievement and growth
Finally, this is a dynamic, empowered, collaborative and mission-driven setting. Seek smart, self-directed and extremely competent professional who can gain the respect and cooperation of colleagues and partners in order to achieve shared success.
This is an immediate need. Please forward Word resume for prompt consideration. Local candidates only.