Business and Data Analyst - Pharmaceutical Sales/Marketing Data (Top $$)
Our client, a high profile and highly successful Raleigh-based pharmaceutical company with both marketed products and a rich and expanding pipeline, is actively recruiting for a very sharp and impactful analyst to join its top-notch team.
This company is one of the fastest growing in the Triangle and is expanding its Business Analytics function. This Analyst will play a key role in that effort.
In partnership with the Sales and Marketing teams, this Analyst will use market research and operational data to provide informative, timely and valuable information regarding results and opportunities. This Analyst will convert complex and voluminous prescription data into accurate and insightful analyses and reports. This Analyst will also assist other departments in the analysis of their operations. Right candidate will enjoy a diverse role and will thrive in an entrepreneurial, all-hands-on-deck, do-what-needs-to-be-done culture.
Prescription data is highly layered and involves how/when/where physicians are prescribing drug products (to which patients? under what circumstances? at what price? etc. etc.). Recognizing trends and exceptions will be critical. Seek a highly astute analyst who, using multiple databases and strong analytical aptitude, can provide valuable insight. This Analyst will also be responsible for ensuring data is clean. Detail orientation will be essential.
Specific duties will include:
- Interpret data and analyze results using statistical techniques to provide useful business reports
- Identify, analyze, and interpret sales trends and/or patterns
- Act as primary liaison with data vendors
- Ensure data integrity within Veeva, Salesforce.com, and IQ2020
- Work closely with vendors regarding projections, history and all analytic evaluations
- Collect and analyze customer demographics, preferences, needs, and buying trends to support sales strategies
- Analyze market coverage for target change recommendations to ensure optimization of outreach
- Analyze Managed Care data and cross reference with sales activity to ensure optimization of all targets
- Assist Managed Care team with analytic needs regarding reimbursement trends, cost evaluations, etc.
- Analyze all coupon data information to ensure accuracy of use
- Prepare alignments and data assessments for all future products launches and other potential expansions
- Assist Sales Operations with commission plan creation, targeting, and sales tool optimization
- Maintain accurate records and process any changes of baselines, goals, market basket, designations/specialties, territory changes, address updates, etc.
- Create, edit, transfer, and optimize territory alignments and design
- Create KPI dashboards and ROI analyses; report monthly trends to Senior Leadership
- Work with Finance Department to assess revenue trends, budget trends and Company spend
Ideal candidate will offer a related degree and 2+ years of similarly challenging work in pharmaceutical analytics.
Outstanding math and analytical savvy must be complemented by superb technical competence including Excel Power User status, IMS, SQL, SalesForce, IQ2020.
Further, we seek a diligent and organized professional who enjoys partnering with the user community, understanding the business goals and working to help achieve them.
Finally, we seek a candidate who will thrive in this dynamic and empowered setting; someone who can switch gears readily, help where the help is needed and stay focused on the goal despite disruption and pace.
This is a Direct Hire opportunity and Company is prepared to pay a generous wage (including rich base, bonus, stock and benefits) to attract this skilled and versatile candidate.
Please forward Word resume for prompt consideration. Local candidates only.