Buyer/Planner (Medical Equipment & Device) – Top $$/High Growth
Our client, a successful and growing medical device company based in the RTP area, is actively recruiting for a sharp and capable candidate to assume a diverse and challenging role on its Supply Chain team.
Company is developing diagnostics tools that are sold to hospitals. Ancillary products are sold as well. The Buyer/Planner is responsible for purchasing, materials requirements planning and supplier relationship management, with a focus on optimizing timeliness, cost-effectiveness, and quality.
Key Things to Note:
- Company produces some products in-house and employs Contract Manufacturers (CMOs) for others. Experience with both dynamics will be important.
- Role will involve both analytical, complex tasks as well as routine, detail-driven tasks. Seek candidate who brings supreme diligence and focus to both.
- In addition to handling planning and buying functions, this role will be involved in the non-conformance process. Related experience is expected.
- As an emerging business, policies and practices are being developed, and the environment is dynamic and fast-paced. Successful candidate will bring ingenuity, flexibility, and drive.
- Company relies heavily on Excel as well as its newly-implemented ERP system. Right candidate will offer advanced Excel skills as well as the ability to help the company build out its Supply Chain automation.
- Some experience in medical device or healthcare, and familiarity with related regulations would be valuable.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Continually manage the material requirements plan to create and maintain valid material schedules in support of the master schedule
- Maintain adequate levels of components to assure build plans are met and appropriate levels of inventory are maintained
- Work with CMO to update changes being made to components, materials or processes
- Place all expense purchase orders for the company.
- Coordinate purchase requisitions with requestors to ensure POs are placed in a timely fashion
- Track purchase order acknowledgments, identify and report shortages, and provide timely visibility to internal customers of potential interruptions for all products and services
- Manage Non-Conformance process, working closely with Quality and Production personnel to ensure all non-conformances are identified and dispositioned timely with suppliers
- Coordinate inventory cycle counts per company Cycle Count SOP
- Maintain Supply Chain metrics such as vendor delivery and quality performance, disruptions causing a delay, non-conformances or other statistics to measure vendor performance.
- Identify, recommend and, as approved, implement Continuous Improvement opportunities
Ideal candidate will offer a related degree and 3+ years of increasingly responsible Buying/Planning experience, ideally within a small, emerging company. Medical device experience (or closely related) is strongly preferred.
Other priorities include:
- Bkgd working with CMOs
- Expert knowledge of Excel
- Bkgd working with an ERP system and Inventory Systems
- Outstanding analytical and project management skills
- Longevity and impact in previous role
Company is growing and seeks a top-notch candidate who will grow with them. Please forward Word resume for prompt consideration. Local candidates only.