Certified Salesforce Administrator (Biopharma) – Office-Based/Top $$
Our client, a Raleigh-based specialty biopharmaceutical company in high growth mode, is actively recruiting for a very sharp and knowledgeable Salesforce Administrator, to assume key role on its IT Support team.
This company is developing and delivering drugs that treat patients with rare diseases. Its primary offices are in Raleigh and Florida (2), and it employs field personnel throughout the US. This Salesforce Administrator will support all of these locations. Right candidate will complement broad and deep technical skills with flexible and versatile interpersonal skills. We seek a technical candidate who communicates exceedingly well with non-technical personnel.
This is an office-based role and much of the work is performed telephonically. We seek a natural relationship builder who can build trust through telephonic (and email) communications.
This Salesforce Administrator will be charged with state of the art analysis, development, testing and documentation of business-critical projects. This SFA will regularly work on projects in Sales, Marketing, Customer Service, Field Service and Contract Management. We seek a candidate who enjoys a broad-based, fast-paced, and highly dynamic role.
Specific duties will include:
- Act as the company point-person for SF questions, updates, troubleshooting, etc.
- Participate in the analysis and review of business requirements and the design of solutions.
- Apply best practices and experience to Salesforce solutions.
- Develop work estimates for projects.
- Apply expertise relating to Salesforce Person Accounts, Contacts, Leads, Campaigns, Mass Email, Adobe Sign and Nice/InContact integrations.
- Collaborate with project team members and QA on development, customer issues, and security requirements.
Targeted candidate will offer a related degree at 5+ years of Salesforce Administration experience, including significant familiarity with current best practices. Salesforce ADM201 certification is required. Other priorities include:
- Experience with Salesforce.com Web Services APIs - Force.com SOAP and REST-based Web Service APIs, the Bulk API, and the Metadata API
- Broad exposure to all Salesforce.com applications, ideally in an emerging business setting.
- Familiarity with Adobe Sign, DocuSign and Nice/InContact integrations
- Ability to readily grasp complex architectural environments
- Experience in all phases of software development life cycle methodologies and processes
- A “can do” and roll up your sleeves work style
- Longevity and impact in previous roles
Finally and critically, we seek a candidate with a strong commitment to the team and the patient and assuring the highest quality of service. A lot is happening and we seek a make-things-happen candidate who is ready to contribute.
This is an immediate need. Compensation will be generous and growth potential is high.
Please forward Word resume for prompt consideration. Local candidates only