Clinical and R&D Accountant/Analyst – RTP Pharma/Top $$
Our client, a rapidly-expanding biopharmaceutical company in the RTP area, is actively recruiting for an astute, diligent and knowledgeable accountant to assume key role providing financial support to Research & Development team.
Company is undergoing tremendous expansion and change. It relies upon a high-quality team of external partners (CROs) to drive R&D success. Critical to that success is the smart operational and financial control of the R&D work, and this Accountant/Analyst will be instrumental in ensuring effectiveness.
Specific tasks will include:
- Support the R&D point of contact for all outside vendors
- Audit/Review vendor invoices for payment approval and assist with resolving invoice discrepancies
- Actively participate in month-end close meetings with R&D personnel
- Prepare R&D journal entries, and keep accurate books and records to help close in a timely manner
- Assist with financial close activities, accounts payable, account reconciliations and financial reporting
- Assist R&D FP&A with quarterly and annual forecasts, budgeting process, reporting and variance analysis
- Prepare ad hoc budget reports as requested by Management
- Assist in the development, documentation, and maintenance of accounting policies, procedures, and internal controls
Ideal candidate will offer a BS in Accounting (or related) and 2+ years of directly-related financial work in pharmaceutical R&D (CRO bkgd also desirable). Familiarity with R&D contract terms will be important.
Other priorities include:
- Advanced Excel skills
- Experience maintaining accruals and related expenses on R&D activities
- Experience reviewing complex vendor invoices and researching/resolving discrepancies
- Demonstrated understanding of the financial impact of proposed scope changes and study timeline adjustments
- Detail orientation and strong organizational skills
Finally and critically, we seek a candidate who will thrive in this emerging and dynamic company. We seek a quick study who will demonstrate a collaborative work style, a high degree of initiative and a level-headed, “how can I help?” demeanor.
This is an immediate need and a Direct Hire opportunity. Compensation will be generous.
Please forward Word resume for prompt consideration.