Clinical Data Management Specialist (Real World Data) – To $80s++/Direct Hire
Our client, an RTP area firm that offers real world clinical data solutions to pharmaceutical and other research organizations, is actively recruiting for an astute, knowledgeable and skilled data management professional to assume a key role on its growing team.
This company is an innovator in its approach to healthcare research. It conducts disease-focused observational research studies using real world data gathered from clinical sites. We seek a Clinical Data specialist who has in-depth knowledge of data collection, reporting, and cleaning methodologies in the clinical research space. Experience with real world data or registry studies is a strong plus.
Responsibilities will include:
- Creating, testing, running and updating data edit checks to identify, submit, and resolve data queries
- Creating new data queries and listings/reports to support the data review and cleaning process
- Monitoring and reporting on the database status (data abstraction/entry, open and resolve queries, data listing and quality reviews, outlining programming needs to produce other study-related metrics)
- Assisting in database design and database validation activities
- Supporting DM Programming Operations in data export activities and building of SDTM-compliant SAS datasets
- Assisting in data import from external data sources/databases
- Performing medical coding as needed
- SOP reviews and updates, creating of standard forms, standard edit checks, database builds and assist with the design of DM training guides
- Work with cross functional teams to resolve questions and issues in order to meet timelines and deliverables
Targeted candidate will offer a bachelor’s degree in a related field and 3-5+ years of data management experience. Some programming knowledge in SAS or SQL is desired. Pharma, CRO, Academic backgrounds will all be considered.
Other priorities include:
- In-depth knowledge of data collection, reporting, and cleaning methodologies in the clinical research space
- Good knowledge of REDCap database or other EDC / Web-based systems experience
- Experience with data abstraction and EMR process and support
- Knowledge of medical coding activities (use of MedDRA and WHODrug coding dictionaries)
Finally, we seek a candidate who will thrive in this is dynamic, collaborative and mission-driven setting. A lot is happening, and we seek a skilled juggler who thrives in a fast-paced high energy setting.
Qualified candidates should forward Word resume for prompt consideration. Local candidates only