Construction/Project Accounting (QuickBooks) – Durham/Contract to Hire (to $50k)
Our client, a Durham area provider of Project and Construction Management services, is actively recruiting for a skilled, versatile and knowledgeable Accounting professional to handle wide range of financial responsibilities.
This is a family-owned business that has experienced enormous growth, specifically within the thriving Life Sciences industry. As the company continues to grow, so does the volume and complexity of its financial records. We seek a quick study accountant, with some background in project-based accounting and in-depth knowledge of QuickBooks, to oversee day-to-day accounting and financial matters related to jobs/projects.
This is an important role that will provide Project Leaders and Company Management with greater understanding of project profitability. Seek financial professional whose core accounting/bookkeeping skills are complemented by excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Specific project-level duties, performed in QuickBooks, will include:
- Entering budgets and setting up cost codes
- Entering invoices – income and expense
- Creating subcontractor purchase orders
- Tracking costs by code
- Updating committed costs and change orders
- Running custom reports for each project/project manager
- Follow up on accounts receivable items
- Receive, track, schedule and invoice for minor work orders for ongoing task order client sites
- Coordinate directly with the accounting manager so that job level accounting and company level accounting are in sync
Targeted candidate will offer a related degree and 3+ years of experience in project-based accounting (construction industry exposure, a plus). QuickBooks knowledge will be important. This client has expanded its use of QB in day-to-day management and we seek a candidate with the skills to optimize its value.
Finally, we seek a highly adaptable team player who is prepared to assist where needed; someone who enjoys wearing multiple hats and acting as point-person for colleagues. A lot is happening and we seek someone who is eager to contribute.
This is a Contract-to-Hire role and an immediate need. Salary range will be $40 - $50K.
Please forward Word resume for prompt consideration. Local candidates only.