Continuing Education Program Specialist (Medical) – To $55K
Our client, an RTP area medical association in high growth mode, is actively recruiting for a very sharp and capable professional to assume key role driving its Continuing Medical Education program.
This association provides a variety of educational opportunities to its members (physicians and other clinicians). The educational programs are numerous, complex and must comply with industry regulations so that Continuing Education credits can be awarded to its attendees. This Specialist will instrumental in organizing this effort.
Key Things to Note:
- The Education program is a critical component of the association’s accreditation. Seek candidate who is familiar with CME (or very similar) programs and brings the strong compliance orientation and eye for detail needed to ensure adherence to industry requirements and SOPs.
- Course information is maintained in a variety of databases and must be updated, reviewed and analyzed on a regular basis. Experience with relational databases, data transfers and advanced Excel is required.
- This position will involve extensive interaction with faculty, registrants and volunteers (mostly virtual). We seek a candidate who is comfortable working with a diverse group of people and has a service-oriented manner.
- The position will involve original writing. Strong writing/editing skills will be important.
Responsibilities will include:
- Support the Director of Education in the development and execution of certified medical education (CME) activities, including live webinars, online education, and live courses.
- Assist the Director of Education in developing and implementing educational policies and procedures to maintain accreditation standards, including content development and review, regulating relationships with industry, and the use of grant funding for educational activities.
- Manage the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) and Maintenance of Certification (MOC) compliance policies. Establish and maintain educational records, statistics, and documentation needed to meet ACCME and MOC program requirements and maintain accredited provider status.
- Provide customer service for all CME related questions and inquiries. Interact with customers on a daily basis to fulfill requests for access to educational activities and document earned credit.
- Handle data management duties including data transfers of members CME information, understanding of relational data sets and the logical connection between different items, and process, analyze, and manipulate data from various sources to inform decisions and determine gaps.
- Generate routine and ad hoc reports for management.
Selected candidate will offer a BA/BS degree and 3+ years of experience in project administration. Some experience with Continuing Education programs is strongly preferred. Expert Excel skills and/or familiarity with relational databases will be critical. Strong writing skills are also important.
Finally, and importantly, we seek a candidate who brings a high level of professionalism, ownership, adaptability and perfectionism (the good kind). A lot is happening and we seek a contributor who will thrive.
This is a Direct Hire role that will pay to the mid-50s.