Controller/Accounting Manager (Consulting Firm) – Raleigh/Top$$
Our client, a nationally-recognized business consulting firm that is expanding its Raleigh-based team, is actively recruiting for a very sharp and self-directed candidate to assume leadership role on its Finance and Accounting team. Client is open to both Accounting Manager and Controller level candidates, and will pay excellent wage to attract a star.
Key Things to Note:
- This is a supervisory role, overseeing a team of ~ 4. Seek a seasoned developer of people.
- This Manager will report to the CFO and drive a wide range of financial duties. Seek candidate who enjoys a diverse and evolving role.
- This Manager will handle all client billing and commission calculations– which are complex. Right candidate will bring astute analytical skills, keen attention to detail, advanced Excel and an absolute commitment to excellence. These calculations must be executed perfectly.
- This organization has undergone significant changes. Business Management strategies must be updated to meet future needs. Seek operationally-savvy Accountant who brings smart, responsive and practical ideas for execution.
- Company is automating certain financial functions. Experience with software implementations would be a plus.
Specific duties will include:
- Oversee Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and General Accounting staff
- Ensure day-to-day and month-end accounting procedures including P&L activity (consulting fees, fee splits, etc.), balance sheet activity (prepaids, accruals, etc.), are performed in compliance with GAAP
- Oversee the preparation of financial statements
- Assist with the budget preparation, forecasting, and variance analysis
- Research complex accounting issues for compliance with GAAP
- Maintain comprehensive knowledge of contract terms and establish appropriate reporting, and processes to ensure contract compliance, revenue recognition and commission payouts are accurate
- Partner with consulting teams to ensure financial data is delivered timely and accurately, and properly allocated to jobs.
- Assist CFO in enhancing department practices and procedures and championing a positive and productive work setting for all.
Targeted candidate will offer a BS in Accounting and 8+ years in similarly challenging Accounting/Financial roles in a high expectations corporate environment. Some supervisory experience will be important. CPA/MBA both desirable.
Other priorities include:
- Expert level Excel; financial databases (including implementations) strongly preferred
- Familiarity with contracts and complex revenue recognition models
- Excellent juggling skills; deadline orientation
- Longevity and impact in previous roles
Finally, we seek a candidate who will thrive in this dynamic setting - a highly diligent, self-directed, focused and flexible candidate who enjoys collaboration, developing strategies and effecting change.
This is a Direct Hire position and an immediate need.
Please forward Word resume for prompt consideration. Local candidates only.