Corporate/Staff Accountant (Pharma) - Direct Hire/Top Dollar
This is an outstanding foot-in-the-door opportunity for an exceedingly bright, capable, and diligent Staff Accountant to join one of the fastest growing companies in the Triangle.
Our client, a Raleigh-based pharma company, is preparing for numerous launches and, as a result, is expanding its Financial team. This is a Direct Hire role and an immediate need.
This Staff Accountant will be responsible for a broad range of accounting and other financial duties – some routine, some complex. Seek quality candidate with the discipline and knowledge needed for the routine and the aptitude and value-add thinking needed for the complex. Responsibilities will be varied and evolving.
Right candidate will be a highly capable staff accountant who enjoys juggling multiple tasks, learning new things and interfacing with many constituents.
- Prepares asset and liability account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Documents financial transactions by entering account information.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Secures financial information by completing database backups.
- Secures SOX compliance by enforcing and maintaining internal controls and procedures.
- Prepares payments by verifying documentation and requesting disbursements.
- Prepares financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Reviews employee expense reports for accuracy and ensures expenses are consistent with Corporate policy.
- Supports month-end and year-end close financial and SOX processes.
- Tracks monthly spend versus budget and provides variance analysis
- Assists in the Governmental Pricing Process
This is a critical role at a very busy time. We seek a go-getter.
Selected candidate will offer a related degree and 1+ years handling similar duties in a high expectation setting. Seek candidate with a strong Accounting aptitude. Some knowledge of Accounting Systems and advanced Excel important and expected.
Finally, and critically, we seek a diligent, flexible and detail-oriented self-starter. One who enjoys being part of a team but can work well independently; one who is eager to help and eager to learn.
A lot is happening. We seek a quality candidate who is ready to contribute.
This position will pay a generous wage to attract and retain a high potential candidate. Growth potential is enormous.
Please forward Word resume for prompt consideration. Local candidates only.