Data Analyst (Python/VBA/SQL) – RTP Pharma/Top $$
Our client, a high profile and highly successful Raleigh-based pharmaceutical company with both marketed products and a rich and expanding pipeline, is actively recruiting for a very sharp Data Analyst to join its top-notch team.
This company is one of the fastest growing in the Triangle and ensuring that leadership has accurate, timely and insightful information on which to base critical business decisions is essential. This Analyst will be instrumental in that effort.
Key Things to Note:
- This analyst will partner with the Commercial team to provide analysis and reporting on Sales, Marketing, Business Development and other Commercial functions. Seek business savvy analyst who thrives in a collaborative role.
- Position will focus on automating and optimizing existing reports/analyses, creating dashboards to identify/assess business opportunities as well as using technology to ensure data integrity. Seek versatile analyst with broad and deep technical skills (detailed below).
- Pharmaceutical data is voluminous and complex. Seek analyst with substantial experience mining/querying through programming.
- The company is in high growth mode and needs change regularly. Seek analyst who can contribute to the enhancement of business practices as well as successfully adapt to priority shifts, disruptions, etc.
Position will involve driving numerous initiatives and taking on multiple roles, recommending and utilizing new technologies, working directly with business stakeholders, and having a major influence on the business.
- Analyze and define reporting needs and requirements through documentation, meetings, and interviews with both internal and external stakeholders
- Perform routine and ad-hoc data queries/reports to support business needs
- Optimize and automate reports for functions including Sales, Managed Care, and Marketing
- Design dashboards to identify improvement opportunities (e.g. Sample to Rx ratio, decile call targeting, etc.)
- Create and maintain documentation including data dictionaries, process flows, and work instructions for MDM (Master Data Management), etc.
- Utilize technologies such as SQL, Python, Excel and Tableau to manage data preparation, analysis and presentation, including management of datasets required for ongoing analysis
- Play critical role in the support and design of territory-specific targeting lists
- Deploy tools to enable multi-user interaction and maintenance of data
- Identify areas of data quality improvements and resolving data quality challenges; Follow best business practices
Ideal candidate will offer a related degree and 3+ years of similarly challenging work including experience…
- … working with analytical techniques used for data analysis, exploration, and forecasting
- … using visualization techniques for presenting data and analysis
- … using Python or another programming language to move and parse data sets
- … building dashboards and reports using Tableau or other BI tools
Excel Power User status assumed and important. AWS (or similar cloud-based system), IMS, SQL, SalesForce all strongly preferred.
Further, we seek a diligent and organized professional who enjoys partnering with the user community, understanding the business goals and working to help achieve them. Pharma bkgd a plus, but not required.
Finally, we seek a candidate who will thrive in this dynamic and empowered setting; someone who can switch gears readily, help where the help is needed and stay focused on the goal despite disruption, ambiguity and/or pace.
This is a Direct Hire opportunity and Company is prepared to pay a generous wage (including rich base, bonus, stock and benefits) to attract this skilled and versatile candidate.
This is an immediate need. Please forward Word resume for prompt consideration. Local candidates only.