Database Specialist, Clinical Data/Images (Excel, SQL, XML) – Direct Hire/to $50k
Our client, a national medical association based in the RTP area, is actively recruiting for a highly capable and versatile candidate to assume key role on its Client Services team. This role will involve managing a Database/Registry that is used by medical practitioners across the globe.
Key Things to Note:
- This organization has developed a complex but user-friendly Registry for labs and practitioners to upload medical images and patient data.
- The Registry has numerous components, must be meticulously maintained and is regularly used for research and analysis.
- The Registry is run by an outside vendor. This Specialist will be the internal Subject Matter Expert on the Registry and will liaise with the vendor as needed.
- Day-to-day responsibilities will include ensuring data quality, acting as internal technical support, preparing analyses and reports, and assisting users as needed.
- Position will also involve driving special projects that will provide Registry enhancements.
This is an important position and we seek a skilled point-person whose astute technical skills are complemented by superb organizational skills, a keen eye for detail as well as a congenial, “how can I help?” work style.
Specific duties will include:
- Provide support with respect to data quality monitoring and maintenance, data subset analysis and reporting, data and performance measure programming and testing, IT troubleshooting, and database administration
- Manage and respond to project related email and phone calls, assuring a high level of customer service
- Ensure data submissions are properly stored in the Registry database
- Communicate and provide guidance to all stakeholders on all data quality issues. Be the key liaison for resolution of data discrepancies
- Troubleshoot data element extraction from software vendors and other submission methods
- Proactively review and provide insights on data submission reports, data quality reports, and participant reports
- Refine data acceptance logic criteria for Registry-related projects, including but not limited to SQL and XML conversions, to allow for data submission to the Registry vendor
- Prepare, finalize, and disseminate data analysis and deliverables as requested by the Registry Committee
- Work with Registry Manager, Registry vendor and other workgroups to ensure all reports are designed in a meaningful and useful manner and that they meet the needs of the recipients
- Support the organization by attending staff meetings, working on task forces, attending professional development opportunities, etc.
Ideal candidate will offer a Bachelor’s degree and 3+ years of experience in data management, data quality and/or analytics. Experience with clinical/medical data and images expected. Other priorities include:
- Superb project management skill, including ability to simultaneously juggle numerous projects
- Advanced technical competence including SQL, XML, Excel, database programs, online applications as well as some experience with analytics software packages (such as SAS, R, and/or SPSS)
- Keen analytical abilities, including the ability to convert complex data into meaningful and usable information
- Strong process improvement mentality
- Ability to successfully oversee work performed by vendors
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skill, including the ability to successfully assist non-technical personnel with technical (and sometimes confusing) matters
Finally, we seek a candidate who brings the demonstrated ability to deliver quality results in a high standards, roll-up-your-sleeves, collaborative setting. Longevity and impact in previous positions will be important.
This is a Direct Hire opportunity and an immediate need. Please forward Word resume for prompt consideration. Local candidates only.