Director of Finance and Administration (Non-Profit/Business Association) - Raleigh
Our client, a Raleigh-based business association that serves chapters throughout North Carolina, is actively recruiting for a very sharp and versatile leader to assume Director of Finance and Administration role. This is a critical role and finding the right candidate is a top priority at this time.
Key Things to Note:
- Role will involve oversight of all Financial, Operational, and Administrative matters, with particular focus on Accounting, Treasury, Technology and Staff Supervision. Seek talented leader with extensive experience in all.
- This is a hands-on role. Right candidate will be a strategic thought partner, while also a hands-on tactician.
- This is a not-for-profit organization with a professional management team that reports to volunteer/member leadership. Seek candidate who is accustomed to a member-led dynamic.
- This organization is experiencing tremendous change, growth and modernization. Seek candidate with the business and operational savvy to bring Best Practices strategy and tactics, while the patience to work through established practices.
- Many member leaders do not bring financial and/or technology expertise. Right candidate will bring the demonstrated ability to communicate financial and/or technical concepts to those less familiar with the terms or concepts.
This Director will be responsible for the accounting, financial reporting, budgeting, human resources, tax compliance, investments, insurance, IT, talent management and audit functions of the organization. Specifics include:
Financial Management -Responsible for all systems and procedures for the collection of revenue, payment of bills and purchasing to ensure the integrity of financial information including:
- General Ledger Upkeep
- Financial Reporting
- Annual Audits
- Budgeting and Forecasting
- Financial Analysis and Trend Reporting
- Cash, Working Capital and Investment Management
- Contracts Management
- Payroll Oversight
- Tax Oversight
- Board Presentations
Operations and Administrative Management - Responsible for all administrative and operation functions to ensure efficient and consistent operations including:
- Supervision of accounting and office staff
- Human Resources including recruiting and onboarding, comp and benefits, training and development, compliance, labor relations, etc.
- Performance Management
- Contracts Compliance
- Risk Management
- Conflict Management and Resolution
Technology - Responsible for the overall planning and execution of all IT functions including:
- Technology Needs Assessments
- Development and execution of Technology policies and strategic plan
- Enforcing of procedures around technology
- Liaison with IT consultants in the areas of systems design, modifications or trouble shooting
Targeted candidate will offer a Financial degree and 10+ years of similar business management experience. CPA/MBA strongly preferred. Other priorities include:
- Substantial experience within not-for-profit organizations
- Broad-based business management experience including revenue and cash analysis, technology optimization, risk management, facilities management, etc.
- Hands-on, get-it-done work style
- Experience supervising and mentoring others
- Exceptional and versatile communicative abilities
- Proven analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Longevity and impact in previous roles
Finally, and critically, we seek a strategist and tactician who will thrive in this collaborative, client service-driven environment. This organization prides itself on its “people matter” philosophy, and we seek a candidate who will embrace and extend that reputation.
Local candidates targeted. Please forward Word resume for prompt consideration.