Director, IT Compliance (Risk Assessment/Financial Services) – Direct Hire/Top $$
Our client, a highly successful financial services firm with operations throughout the US, is actively recruiting for a highly skilled, seasoned and savvy IT Compliance expert to assume leadership role on its Risk Management team.
This is a critical role and company will pay industry leading wage to attract a star. Position can be located in its Raleigh headquarters or its Greensboro office.
This company is the leader in its industry; it provides a wide range of services to the financial services sector, with particular strength in insurance and reinsurance. The Risk Management group is responsible for ensuring that the proper protocols are in place to minimize data security risks, and that those protocols are being followed. This Director will drive the development of the Risk Management plan and oversee its execution.
Key Things to Note:
- Company is in high growth mode, and is expanding its Information Security efforts. Seek candidate who will bring the knowledge, ingenuity and leadership to trail-blaze this effort.
- Role will involve the management of 2 top-notch analysts. Seek seasoned supervisor of high performing personnel.
- Client is seeking to build a Best Practices IT Compliance program. Seek candidate who is current on the latest industry strategies/trends, as well as one who demonstrates the ability to plan and manage selected initiatives.
- Company is subject to SOC 2 Type 2 assessments. Related exposure assumed and important.
- Role will involve extensive interface with a wide range of constituents. Right candidate will combine outstanding technical savvy with refined communication skills.
The Director, IT Compliance will provide delivery of the company’s IT Compliance function, liaising closely with other IT and business management, as well as with individual contributors. He/she will be the main point of contact for all IT Security Compliance-related activities including driving a wide range of initiatives such as the annual Risk and Control Assessments, NYDFS cybersecurity compliance, and IT tasks within GDPR as part of the Global Information Security program. The role requires technical, business, and risk evaluation capabilities, and we seek a well-rounded candidate who brings it all.
Specific duties will include:
- Design and conduct IT risk and control assessment activities (RCSA) aligned to industry frameworks such as ISO 27001 and meeting the requirements of NYDFS and GDPR
- Manage delivery of IT Compliance-related tasks with partners located domestically and globally
- Deliver regular reporting to senior management regarding IT Compliance matters
- Provide advisory support and education relating to IT risk management and compliance to leaders responsible for identification, management and monitoring of IT risks
- Lead the efforts to proactively identify changes to the risk and regulatory IT compliance environment (domestically and globally); communicate with Privacy and Security representatives
- Coordinate the reviews and implementation of policies and standards annually and as needed for new policies
- Participate in review and audit activities as the central point of contact for Technology Services
- Monitor the performance and completion of IT risk-related remediation activities
Targeted candidate will offer a related Bachelor’s degree (Masters preferred) and 6+ years of IT Compliance/Risk Management experience, ideally in the financial services sector. Some experience designing, developing and leading a Risk Assessment program will be essential. Supervisory experience strongly preferred.
Other priorities include:
- Outstanding project and program management skills. We seek a candidate with the demonstrated ability to keep initiatives on track despite shifting priorities, unexpected outcomes and a high volume workload.
- Deep understanding of information security and audit principles and best practices, including ISO 27001
- Knowledge of auditing standards (IIA and ISACA) on the COBIT framework
- Superb communication skills
- CISA/CIA Certifications, preferred
- Longevity and impact in previous roles
Finally and critically, we seek a go-getter who will thrive in this high expectations, highly dynamic setting. The company is experiencing exponential growth in a high risk industry. We seek a resourceful, innovative, focused, knowledgeable and can-do leader is ready and able to contribute.
Please forward Word resume for prompt consideration. Local candidates strongly preferred.