Director, Sales Operations and Effectiveness (Specialty Pharma) – Top $$
Our client, a Raleigh area pharmaceutical firm in high growth mode, is actively recruiting for an exceptional candidate to drive all Sales Operations functions. This is critical role at an exciting time. Company will pay industry-leading wage to attract and retain a star.
Key things to note:
- This company is prepping for two product launches. They are enhancing and expanding support services to its Commercial team and this Director will be instrumental in that effort. Right candidate will thrive in a building mode.
- Role will involve all aspects of field support including territory alignments, call list assessments, sales analytics, incentive comp, CRM oversight, training coordination, expense reporting management, etc. Right candidate will be a skilled and savvy manager of people and process.
- This is a strategic role, that will involve hands-on execution of tactics. Many initiatives will be driven from the ground up. We seek a superb project manager, who stays close to the details.
- This Director will supervise a team of 2 (for now) and will direct the efforts of multiple cross-functional teams. Demonstrated ability to lead multiple groups towards the successful achievement of goals will be critical.
- Company is automating many functions and/or enhancing current systems. Right candidate will bring insight into optimizing the use of available technologies.
- Travel is estimated at 20%
This position is responsible for driving initiatives underpinning the successful operation of the Field Sales organization. This Director will analyze sales performance and create optimal field operations solutions to increase sales force effectiveness. Success in this role requires the ability to work cross-functionally within the organization across a variety of areas such as Medical Affairs, Managed Care, Trade, Compliance, Data/Analytics, Marketing, Finance and IT.
Specific duties will include:
- Manage team of Sales Operations and Administration personnel
- Partner with IT team with CRM tool management and reporting functions as well as on-going management of Data reporting tools such as IQ 20/20.
- Develop and manage SOP creation and trainings for targeting, territory alignment, field reports, etc.
- Generate, analyze and distribute field data needed to improve performance such as call reports, coupon reports, sample reports, etc. Coach Sales Leadership on interpretation and utilization of data.
- Contribute to the creation and management of incentive compensation plans.
- Manage the Sales Training and Operations aspects of onboarding new Sales hires.
- Prepare routine and ad hoc presentations to display sales progress and effectiveness of the sales force
- Assist with Fleet vendor management as well as other vendors supporting the Sales Department
- Partner with Marketing to develop strategies and tactics for participation in conferences, trade shows, etc.
- Manage MBO program for Territory Consultants and Regional/District Sales Managers.
This is a newly-created position in a dynamic and empowered setting. We seek quick study with the proven ability thrive in a building environment. Substantial understanding of Sales Operations in a pharmaceutical setting is expected and required. Other priorities include:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Foundational knowledge of territory alignment strategy, call targeting, incentive comp structures, performance optimization strategies and all other essential elements of sales performance effectiveness
- Exceptional ability to implement and manage complex and dynamic operational programs
- Advanced proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat Pro as well as CRM tools
- Proactive and deliberate vendor management skills
- Impressive track record of growth and impact
In addition, seek a collaborative leader. One who engages a broad constituency, develops consensus and leads the team towards a shared goal. Top notch communication and organizational skills will be essential.
This is an outstanding opportunity to join one of the fastest growing companies in the Triangle. Please forward Word resume for prompt consideration. Local candidates targeted.