Director/Program Leader, Medical Affairs and Clinical Standards (Medical Association)
Our client, an RTP-based medical association that provides broad-based support to specialist practitioners across the country, is actively recruiting for a highly knowledgeable, organized and versatile professional to direct its Guidelines and Standards efforts.
This organization provides education, advocacy, standards and practices, research, and other support services to its members (typically, physicians and other medical practitioners). This Director will drive its medical affairs functions, including project managing standard of care guidelines. Seek Director whose understanding of the medical and healthcare industry is complemented by exceptional project management and writing skills.
Key Things to Note:
- This Director will manage the Guideline and Standards Committee (G&S) which is responsible for developing practice standards for the medical community. He/she will coordinate the efforts of practitioners, including writing groups, and ensure that standards are properly developed, documented, published and communicated.
- This Director will engage selected medical professionals to participate in and contribute to various association efforts. This Director will also act as spokesperson for the association on guideline-related matters. Seek influential and thoughtful communicator.
- Position will also involve overseeing the Research and Registry functions, supervising a team of 10-12. Seek skilled and committed manager of people.
- This Director will regularly represent the association at industry and medical conferences and events. Domestic and international travel will be required.
- Manage the G&S Committee, including minutes and reports, onboarding of new members, support of Chair, inquiries, etc.
- Act as spokesperson for the association on Scientific, Medical and Guideline-related matters.
- Create and manage standard of care Writing Groups including proposal development and approval, engagement of writing group, conflict of interest (COI) collection and resolution, development of the document, peer review cycle, and final Board approval.
- Handle submission of completed documents for publication, including proofing corrections and liaising with guideline authors for review and approvals.
- Manage outside consultants including illustrators, editors, translators, etc. as needed.
- Manage guideline post-publication, sharing documents with stakeholders, including international partners, industry, etc. for dissemination.
- Support marketing team by creating and/or promoting guideline messaging or helping to liaise with guideline authors for testimonials, social media and interviews.
- Oversee content for guideline website
- Manage Research and Registry Department staff to facilitate the identification, development, and implementation of the Registry and other research-related offerings.
- Prepare and monitor annual budgets for G&S Committee and Research and Registry activities
- Represent association at trade shows, medical conferences, and other industry events
Targeted candidate will offer advanced degree in related subject and substantial experience leading similar, medical/healthcare-related projects. Guideline or quality standards experience, highly preferred. 2+ years in a supervisory role will be important.
- Exceptional project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to engage medical professionals to contribute to complex healthcare and/or medical research related initiatives
- Knowledge of guideline writing protocols and standards
- Proven writing and editing skills
- Keen attention to detail
Finally, we seek a mission-driven leader who stays focused and quality-driven despite disruption, pace and unexpected occurrences; someone who can garner the cooperation of others, in order to achieve shared success.
This is an immediate need and a Direct Hire opportunity. Please forward Word resume for prompt consideration. Local candidates only.