Director/Sr Manager, Market Access Operations (Payments/Patient Support) – RTP Area/Top Dollar
Our client, a Raleigh-based pharmaceutical company in high growth mode, is actively recruiting for a very sharp and knowledgeable candidate, with particular strength in Market Access Operations, to assume key role on its Commercial team.
This is a critical role and client will pay industry leading wage to attract and retain a star.
Key Things to Note:
- This company has multiple products on the market (including co-promotes), an immediate launch planned, and other near-term launches expected. It is an exciting time and it is essential that Market Access Operations run smoothly. We seek an exceedingly industrious and knowledgeable candidate who will drive this effort.
- Role will involve running all aspects of Market Access Operations including co-pay programs, Provider and Patient Support services, etc. for commercial, Medicare Part D, State Medicaid payers. We seek a broadly-skilled candidate with substantial experience in all.
- This is an emerging company in which policies, procedures and practices are being developed and enhanced. We seek a hands-on, make-things-happen builder.
- This position will begin as an individual contributor, with leadership/management opportunities expected. Client is open to Senior Manager to Director level candidates.
This Director/SM will be responsible for driving the overall execution and management of the ongoing operations for Market Access for all products. S/he will help to manage the payer rebate submission process while working closely with external vendors/contractors and internal stakeholders such as account management teams, Finance, and Executive Team.
- Oversee the design, continuous improvement, and performance monitoring of the reimbursement support/patient services HUB, patient assistance programs (PAP), and specialty pharmacy network
- Develop and execute all patient onboarding processes, resources, and support in conjunction with internal and external partners
- Manage external vendors that supply support and data specific to Market Access to ensure key performance metrics are met
- Develop reporting, analytics, and data to ensure strategic planning and alignment with internal stakeholders and partners
- Troubleshoot/research payer-specific reimbursement challenges as well as other field-sourced or contract-driven issues
- Create and utilize disease specific patient journeys to identify financial support needs and develop appropriate solutions
- Collaborate with Marketing, Training, Legal, Regulatory, Analytics, Sales, Market Access field teams, and others to ensure optimal execution of patient access and reimbursement strategy. Develop and offer process improvement solutions
- Understand and analyze program data to effectively communicate information on a consistent basis to different functional areas in the commercial organization
Selected candidate will offer a related degree (MBA preferred) and 5+ years in Market Access roles, with particular strength in Operations – payment programs, patient support, etc. Launch experience is preferred.
Other priorities include:
- Broad and deep knowledge of the U.S. Payer market (Medicare Part D, Commercial, Managed Medicaid, and State Medicaid)
- Operational savvy and honed process improvement skill, including the ability to develop and implement a Best Practices Market Access Operations program for an emerging company
- Substantial experience managing rebate and other third-party vendor relationships
- Keen financial acumen
- Longevity and impact in previous roles
In addition, we seek a collaborative and mission-driven self-starter who will thrive in this dynamic, innovative and entrepreneurial setting. A lot is happening, and we seek a focused go-getter who will contribute broadly.
This is an immediate need. Please forward Word resume for prompt consideration. Local candidates only at this time.