Event Coordinator (Conference and Meeting Planning) - Healthcare Consortium
Our client, an NC-based organization dedicated to improving the lives of cancer patients and their families, is actively recruiting for a highly skilled, knowledgeable, and can-do Conference/Meeting Planning professional to assume key role on its team.
This organization, comprised of representatives from industry, academia and government, is leading numerous initiatives intended to enhance the methods by which cancer research is conducted. Large meetings/programs are held throughout the year to share progress, ideas, information, etc. This Event Coordinator will drive these efforts.
Key things to note:
Ø This is a newly-created role. Seek seasoned Meeting Planning professional who can be the Subject Matter Expert regarding best-in-class meetings practices.
Ø There are 5-6 conferences and one large meeting per year and several smaller ones. Travel is <15%.
Ø Meeting attendees include highly educated, high-level executives from industry, key opinion leaders in medicine, experts in their fields in research, etc. Meetings must be impeccably planned, managed and executed. Personal touch will be important.
Ø This is an independent contributor role in a highly collaborative setting. Seek exceedingly competent candidate who can strike that balance.
Ø In addition to Meeting Planning responsibilities, this Meeting Planner will be responsible for updates to the CRM system as well as other administrative/operational tasks including . Seek technically-proficient professional who enjoys contributing in a broad way.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Developing and managing event proposals, budgets, and schedules
- Executing an operational plan that includes venue selection and layout, guest invitations and responses, food & beverage requirements, audio/visual services, and other necessary event components
- Working with internal and external partners to develop agenda, manage speaker invitations, and address speaker expectations
- Creating and/or coordinating the creation of meeting materials, such as printed agenda, tent cards, name badges, meeting signage, invitations, thank-you messages, etc.
- Overseeing onsite event logistics including set up and break down
- Assisting with implementation and upkeep of Client Relationship Management system (CRM) including integrating existing mailing lists and contact information; generating event-related reports; assisting with data entry; monitoring contact profiles to ensure accuracy
- Assisting others with administrative and/or operational tasks as needed
This is a critical role and organization will offer generous wage to attract and retain an experienced professional who has the skills needed to successfully pull together the infinite and important details involved in running high-end meetings.
Selected candidate will offer a BA/BS degree and 3+ years of successful meeting planning experience in a similar high expectations corporate setting. Healthcare-related experience would be a plus. Other priorities include:
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Excellent writing skills, including the demonstrated ability to draft/edit engaging and informative communications to stakeholders
- Ability to engage quality vendors and ensure high quality delivery of contracted services
- Acute financial acumen, including ability to successfully negotiate with vendors and perform critical analysis of invoices/expenses
- Outstanding verbal skills and interpersonal savvy
- Strong technical skills, including experience with CRM systems
Finally and critically, we seek a candidate with a high level of professionalism, ownership, adaptability and perfectionism (the good kind). A lot is happening and priorities change frequently. Seek take-charge, make-things-happen contributor who will thrive.
This is a Direct Hire role and an immediate need.
Please forward Word resume for prompt reply. Local candidates only.