Experienced Legal Practice Assistant (Corporate Law/Litigation) – Direct Hire/Chapel Hill
Our client, a premier regional law firm in high growth mode, is actively recruiting for a very sharp and knowledgeable Legal Practice Assistant to join its Chapel Hill team.
This firm prides itself on providing clients with comprehensive legal services of the highest quality. Seek candidate who will thrive in this high expectations, but highly congenial, setting.
This Legal Practice Assistant will support three attorneys in Corporate Law and Litigation. Seek candidate who enjoys juggling a broad range of responsibilities.
Substantial knowledge of litigation practices, documents/forms and standards must be complemented by superb organizational skills, keen attention to detail, astute problem-solving ability and a strong compliance orientation.
This Legal Practice Assistant will be responsible for providing administrative and legal support including document drafting, client interaction and organizing and maintaining paper and electronic case files. Specifics include:
- Preparing closing checklists/binders and assist with post-closing activities for mergers & acquisitions
- Reviewing correspondence and pleadings for service dates and deadlines and adding them to the docket/calendar
- Processing all discovery and other media received
- Assisting with maintaining trial notebooks, witness information and document indexes
- Processing time entries, expense reports and check requests
- Answering and screening telephone calls; reading, sorting and dating incoming mail and deliveries; preparing and routing outgoing mail
- Opening new clients/matters, processing conflict of interest and audit checks
- Coordinating and monitoring filings with government entities and clerk’s offices
Targeted candidate will offer 5+ years of legal support experience in a high expectations law firm or corporate legal department setting. Familiarity with Corporate Law and Litigation will be important. Other priorities include:
- Advanced skill level in MS Office products (Word, Outlook, Excel) and Adobe Acrobat
- Exceptional attention to detail; perfectionist tendencies (the good kind) strongly preferred
- Highly professional demeanor and demonstrated work ethic
- Excellent communication skills (including the use of proper grammar and vocabulary)
In addition, we seek an independent worker with a team orientation and a proactive and resourceful juggler with an excellent sense of priority.
This is a Direct Hire opportunity. Compensation will be commensurate with experience and generous.
Please forward Word resume for prompt consideration. Local candidates only.