Experienced Paralegal (Litigation/Insurance Defense) - Direct Hire/Raleigh
Our client, a top insurance defense firm in the Southeast, is actively recruiting for a sharp and professional Paralegal to assume key role on its Litigation Team.
With more than 20 years of experience representing insurance companies, this firm prides itself on meeting and exceeding the expectations of its many clients. They utilize business analytics and process management to provide more efficient and cost-effective services for their clients. Firm seeks a candidate who can extend this reputation – one that is capable of multitasking and completing tasks with minimal direct supervision.
Key things to note:
- Firm operates in a paperless environment. Seek candidate with excellent technology skills. Proficiency with case management software, MS Office and Adobe Acrobat will be essential.
- Firm expects paralegals to provide high level of expertise while managing a busy case load. Position will be billable and have billing goal in place. Prior experience tracking hours and performing billable tasks/functions will be important.
- Supervising attorney travels extensively and is only in the office a few days per month. Ability to work independently, adjust to varied requests and priorities, and meet deadlines with minimal supervision will be critical.
- Role will involve drafting correspondence, legal documents, summaries, etc. Work must be error-free. Strong writing, proofreading skills and keen attention to detail will be necessary.
Responsibilities to include:
- Drafting/preparing legal documents (pleadings, motions, summaries, summonses, settlement documents, etc.)
- Handling discovery (answering, reviewing, organizing, analyzing and managing documents)
- Ensuring all attorneys are prepped for court appearances (including trials)
- Utilizing calendar/docket system to ensure all deadlines are timely met
In addition to the items noted above, ideal candidate will offer a degree or Paralegal Certificate and 3+ years of litigation experience. Experience with Insurance Defense or Construction Liability is a plus. Finally and importantly, we seek an independent worker with astute communication skills (both oral and written). A lot is happening, and we seek a skilled and knowledgeable candidate who is eager to contribute.
This is a Direct Hire opportunity and firm will pay generous wage, depending upon experience.
Please forward Word resume for prompt consideration.