Experienced Paralegal (Trusts & Estates) – Raleigh/Top $$
Our client, a well-established law firm serving Eastern North Carolina, is actively recruiting for a sharp and self-directed paralegal to assume key role on its team.
This firm’s estate planning group offers a variety of wealth management services to help its clients protect their wealth for future generations. Their collaborative approach allows them to consistently deliver the best solutions for their clients. They seek an exceptional candidate who will extend this reputation and bring professionalism, communication skills and a strong customer service orientation.
This role will work closely with the estate planning attorneys assisting with the administration of estates from open to close. Responsibilities will include:
- Handling communication with clients and assisting with overall client relationship
- Locating, developing and analyzing relevant case information and financials
- Monitoring pending items and providing follow-up to all relevant parties
- Preparing inventories and accountings for estates and trust
- Assisting in preparation of fiduciary income tax returns and estate and gift tax returns
- Preparing and filing probate forms, applications, inventory of assets, final accountings, schedules, petitions and orders
Targeted candidate will offer 4+ years of trusts and estates work in a law firm setting. Understanding of and experience with legal procedures and protocols, estate administration financials and the probate court system will be important. Other priorities include:
- Excellent writing skills
- Superb communication skills – both verbal and written
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Keen attention to detail
- Outstanding organizational skills; ability to prioritize and juggle essential
Finally, and importantly, we seek an independent worker with a team orientation, a flexible and resourceful juggler with an excellent sense of priority.
This is a Temp-to-Hire position, but firm may consider Direct Hire for exceptional candidates. Local candidates only.