Experienced Payroll Specialist (Advanced Excel) – RTP Location/To $50k
Our client, a global provider of business services for the pharmaceutical industry, is actively recruiting for a very sharp, capable, self-directed and proactive candidate to assume key role on its Payroll and Benefits team.
This company is a global leader, and is growing exponentially. It operates in multiple countries and employs >800 people worldwide. Payroll is processed in-house (multiple states) and it is essential that top-notch people are in place to ensure that the work is handled meticulously. This Payroll Specialist will play a key role.
Position will involve driving Payroll processing for North America. There will be a great deal of Quality Control work, and we seek a candidate with a keen eye for detail and an absolute commitment to compliance and quality. This Payroll Specialist will also be responsible for Expense Report reviews (company uses Concur) and Credit Card statement processing. Seek analytical and broadly-skilled candidate who enjoys a juggling multiple tasks.
Specific duties will include:
- Preparing and processing biweekly payroll for review and approval
- Calculating and posting changes in pay, tax status, etc.
- Ensuring all states are properly entered and maintained in HRIS/Payroll systems
- Processing expense reports ensuring compliance with policy, and payment to employees
- Monitoring credit card (AMEX) statements ensuring compliance with policy
- Reconciling benefit invoices against payroll each month
- Preparing 401k submissions
- Handling payroll inquiries from employees globally
- Preparing payroll journal entries
- Assisting with HR and Accounting duties as needed
Ideal candidate will offer 3+ years of directly related experience in a corporate Payroll Dept, including extensive experience in multi-state setting. In-house Payroll Processing will be essential.
Other priorities include:
- substantial work with Payroll tax updates
- advanced Excel proficiency; familiarity with Concur
- excellent juggling skills
- keen financial acumen,
- astute problem-solving skills
- process improvement mentality
- demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
Finally and critically, we seek a candidate who will work exceedingly well in a highly dynamic and empowered setting. A lot is happening, with changes occurring regularly. Seek resourceful, responsive and proactive candidate who will thrive.
This is a temp-to-hire opportunity. Company will pay generous wage to attract and retain a star.
Please forward Word resume for prompt consideration. Local candidates only.