Experienced Program Leader (Cancer Research/Data Science) - Direct Hire/Top $$
Our client, an NC organization (Cary-based) whose mission is to improve the lives of cancer patients and their families, is actively recruiting for a top-notch Program Leader to direct and manage multiple data- and technology-driven initiatives that seek to enhance the methods (and ultimately the outcomes) of cancer research. This is an important role with an organization that is doing important work. Compensation will be generous.
Key Things to Note:
- This is a not-for-profit consortium that works with industry, academic and government partners. Right candidate will be adept at coordinating the efforts of cross-functional teams.
- The research programs exploit big data and big data analytics to address important issues in the development and use of cancer medicines. Deep understanding of Data Science will be critical. Familiarity with the advancement of External Control Arms and Real World Data applications would be valuable.
- This Program Leader will be the face and voice of the organization and will regularly interface with high level executives and opinion leaders. Polished communication skill and the utmost professionalism will be essential.
- Many programs will be in start-up mode. Right candidates will work effectively without a roadmap. Further, this is a hands-on role. Right candidate will be both an insightful strategist and a skilled and willing tactician.
- This is a complex role that will require substantial knowledge of cancer/clinical research, data science and project management. PhD in related field is strongly preferred.
This Program Leader will plan, oversee and drive assigned research program(s) from initiation to deployment. These are technology-driven initiatives that enable the broad/global sharing of data, images, etc. amongst cancer researchers and other stakeholders. Specifics include:
- Develop and manage all aspects of program management from planning, external vendor relationships, communications, resources, budget, change, risks, and issues.
- Formation of Task Forces of content experts from industry, academia, and regulatory agencies to provide scientific advice for the program.
- In collaboration with the Task Force and management, create and maintain program and project deliverables such as work plans, timelines, milestone tracking reports, and status reports.
- Define goals and expectations, and drive results through clear communication and discipline.
- Monitor, track, and control outcomes to resolve issues, conflicts, dependencies, and critical path deliverables.
- Maintain discipline on execution of all deliverables and follow-up actions. Promptly Identify and respond to execution issues.
- Proactively identify areas of risk and engage the parties responsible for mitigating identified risks.
- Capture meeting decisions and action items from team meetings and other business conversations and incorporate into project tracking activities.
- Develop periodic reports for the task force, management, and funding agencies to summarize the value proposition, key objectives, and accomplishments.
Targeted candidate will offer an advanced scientific or data science degree (Ph.D. preferred) and 8+ years of Program Management work. Substantial knowledge of oncology research, clinical data and data science assumed and required.
Other priorities include:
- Experience creating/developing technology-based data sharing tools
- Proactive, smart and deadline-driven organizational skills
- Clear, thorough, timely and persuasive written and verbal communicative abilities
- Keen problem-solving, critical thinking and troubleshooting skills
- Impressive record of leadership, achievement and impact
Finally, this is an empowered, dynamic, mission-driven setting. Seek smart, insightful, self-directed and extremely competent professional who can switch gears readily, stay goal-focused despite distraction and/or roadblocks and, critically, gain the respect and cooperation of all partners in order to achieve shared success
This is an immediate need. Local candidates targeted. Please forward Word resume for prompt consideration.