Experienced Program Manager (Cancer Research/Clinical Data) - Direct Hire/Top $$
Our client, an NC-based organization dedicated to improving the lives of cancer patients and their families, is actively recruiting for a highly skilled and versatile Project Manager to lead several key initiatives that are designed and intended to enhance the methods by which cancer research, including clinical research, is conducted.
This is a critical role and the organization is seeking an outstanding candidate.
Key things to note:
- This organization is a not-for-profit consortium that works with industry, academic and government partners. Right candidate will be extremely effective at overseeing and coordinating the efforts of cross-functional teams.
- Role will involve driving multiple initiatives, many of which are in the early stages of design/development. Right candidate will be extremely effective at working without a blueprint and will offer the demonstrated ability to develop strategies and tactics based on goals and desired endpoints.
- Programs/initiatives will be varied in nature, some of which will involve clinical research strategies, and how they can be modernized, streamlined and enhanced. Some background in clinical development and operations would be valuable.
- Organization will rely heavily on the optimal use of technology. Right candidate will bring technological savvy and inclination.
Responsibilities will include:
- Create and maintain project deliverables such as work plans, timelines, milestone tracking reports, and status reports
- Manage project activities, including frequent follow-ups associated with task owners, many of whom are remote and external partners
- Support integration, coordination and information sharing between ongoing projects
- Identify, escalate and resolve issues, problems and similar situations in a timely fashion
- Maintain discipline on execution of all deliverables and follow-up actions through tracking tools, follow-up meetings, and other communication channels. Identify and responds to execution issues promptly
- Capture meeting minutes and action items from team meetings and other business conversations, and incorporate into project tracking activities
- Develop project tracking and project status reports and graphics using Excel, PowerPoint and similar tools
- Provide primary operational responsibilities for managing data receipt processes and new researcher administration
Targeted candidate will offer a related degree and 5+ years of increasingly responsible roles in Project/Program Management. Broad understanding of drug research and development processes and practices, including clinical research, will be important. Specific insight into cancer research is highly preferred.
Other priorities include:
- Proactive, smart and deadline-driven organizational skills
- Continually-advancing technology skills (MS Project; GANTT expertise desired)
- Broad scientific credentials and curiosity
- Clear, thorough, timely and persuasive written and verbal communication abilities
- Keen problem-solving, critical thinking and troubleshooting skills
- PMP certification strongly preferred
Finally, this is a dynamic, empowered, collaborative and mission-driven setting. Seek smart, insightful, self-directed and extremely competent professional who can gain the respect and cooperation of colleagues and partners in order to achieve shared success. Unwavering commitment to excellence and patient will be critical.
This is an immediate need and a Direct Hire opportunity. Please forward Word resume for prompt consideration. Local candidates targeted at this time.