Experienced Project Manager (Full-Cycle Drug Development) – Contract to Start – RTP Pharma/Top $$
Our client, an RTP-based pharmaceutical firm undergoing tremendous change and expansion, is actively recruiting for a skilled and knowledgeable Project Manager for key role on its growing R&D team. This is a dynamic and challenging setting. Seek a very sharp, versatile, take-charge professional who can effectively pull together the resources of the entire drug development process and help drive them towards a successful conclusion. This position will begin as contract but there is expectation for direct hire conversion for the right candidate.
This PM will be responsible for developing and managing the project plan and driving execution across multiple cross-functional areas including manufacturing, clinical, regulatory, quality, and commercial.
Seek candidate who will ensure smart project team planning and operational execution --- from early development to regulatory approval and beyond.
Independent consultants and CROs are utilized for certain functions. Seek quality candidate with proven ability to lead in an outsourced model.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Develop detailed project plans and organize activities and milestones to ensure projects are delivered within budget, in scope, and on time.
- Establish and implement project management processes and methodologies for product development activities including project planning, resource planning, project scheduling and leading teams to accomplish project goals.
- Facilitate information flow between departments and senior management, ensuring all stakeholders are clear on timelines, expectations and deliverables
- Anticipate project/program risks and develop mitigation strategies/plans for more complex projects/programs
- Create and utilize appropriate planning tools such as decision support models, Gantt charts, and project timelines to ensure accountability throughout the organization. Ensure that responsibilities are understood, risks are identified, progress is measured and plans are updated and adapted as necessary
- Identify and escalate project obstacles and risks and make recommendation to project team and management to mitigate, troubleshoot, and resolve issues
- Serves as a project management advocate and mentor
Selected candidate will offer a related degree and 5+ years of increasingly responsible and impactful roles in drug development, including an impressive track record in project management leadership.
Broad understanding of NDA requirements assumed and important. PMP certification, a plus. MS Project expertise, a must.
This is a dynamic, empowered, collaborative and mission-driven setting. In addition to technical requirements noted above, we seek a smart, insightful, self-directed and extremely competent professional who can gain the respect and cooperation of colleagues and partners in order to achieve shared success. Superb communication skills and savvy will be essential.
This is a Contract to Start. Client will pay top dollar to attract and retain a star.
Qualified candidates should forward Word resume for prompt consideration.