Experienced SAS Programmer (Cancer Research) – Direct Hire/Contract (Top $$)
Our client, an NC-based organization dedicated to improving the lives of cancer patients, is actively recruiting for a highly skilled SAS Programmer to assume key role on its top-notch Research team. Client is open to both Direct Hire and Contractor candidates and will pay excellent wage for excellent person.
This organization, funded by industry, academia and government, is leading numerous initiatives designed to enhance cancer research methodology and outcomes. Projects are varied in nature, and in many cases, are in start-up mode. Seek highly versatile SAS Programmer who will bring the skill and ingenuity needed to transform voluminous and complex cancer datasets into information that can be used by the research teams. This is a critical role, at an organization doing important work.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Write SAS programming code to investigate, explore and transform cancer datasets with the goal of increasing their value and utility
- Write and run SAS programs, in a variety of ways, on organization’s platform and in local applications: o PC SAS, SAS LSAF, SAS VDMML, SAS Studio, SAS Visual Analytics, SAS Data Studio
- Validate the results of peer data specialists as required, and produce appropriate and relevant documentation
- Create standardized aggregated datasets that combine raw and analysis data across multiple clinical studies
- Convert datasets to CDISC or other identified data standards
- Create documented datasets for reporting by external users (such as for crowdsourcing use or for use by a regulatory authority)
- Deidentify source data following anonymization standards
- Create and maintain programs that extract repository metadata to report and graph clinical study and user metrics
Targeted candidate will offer a related degree and 6+ years of SAS programming experience handling similar tasks. Specifics include:
Extensive experience with:
- SAS data step programming,
- SAS PROCs for data manipulation,
- importing and exporting SAS transport and Excel/CSV file formats
Intermediate knowledge of:
- SAS PROC REPORT,
- SAS MACRO language,
- SAS GRAPH
- Proven experience with
- Phase II and III clinical trial data
- CDISC standards
- SAS VDMML, SAS LSAF
- Deidentified/anonymized data
- Cancer research
In addition, we seek a team player who will thrive in this is a dynamic, empowered, collaborative and mission-driven setting. Seek insightful, self-directed and extremely competent professional who stays focused on the goal, and deftly overcomes barriers that develop.
This is an immediate need. Please forward Word resume for prompt consideration. Local candidates only.