Experienced System/Desktop Administrator – Direct Hire/Raleigh Pharma
Our client, a highly successful pharmaceutical firm in Raleigh, is actively recruiting for an extremely bright, skilled, and self-directed candidate to assume key role on its IT team.
This company has experienced tremendous growth, and additional expansion is planned. The IT team supports home office personnel as well as Sales Reps who are located throughout the country. The team is extremely busy – and the needs are voluminous, increasing and ever-changing.
This new hire will be the go-to for users on a wide range of hardware, software and telecom issues. It is an excellent opportunity and we seek a highly skilled, versatile, resourceful, "can-do," and service-driven candidate who will thrive.
The primary responsibility will be to ensure proper computer and IT system operations so that end users can accomplish organizational tasks with minimal interruptions. Specific duties will include:
- Work with all levels of users to resolve computer, peripherals or telecom (mobile and VoIP) issues
- Assist with the configuration, installation, and maintenance of new hardware and software
- Document, record, and manage user requests through the designated IT ticketing system
- Work with Managed Services vendors to ensure IT requests are meeting defined service levels
- Organize, document, and track current hardware inventory for the company
- Escalate unresolved or chronic issues to the next level of support
- Manage SaaS applications including software update deployment, distribution, and periodic review of system and endpoint health
Key things to note:
- Many users are remote. Ability to resolve technical issues in a remote manner will be critical
- The pharmaceutical industry is highly regulated. IT documentation must be meticulous
- The IT team is available to users on a 24/7 basis. This Specialist may participate in an on-call rotation
Requirements include a related degree (BS in Computer Science preferred) and 3+ years providing technology support in a corporate office setting. Experience working with remote users will be important. Other priorities:
- Experience with diagnosing and resolving technical hardware and software related issues
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office 365, and experience troubleshooting related issues
- Advanced understanding of computer setup (laptop), configuration, imaging and troubleshooting
- Understanding of computer network, and related technologies (LAN, PowerShell, etc.)
- Diligent and accurate documentation habits
Finally and critically, we seek a team player with an exceptional work ethic (motivated, reliable, committed, positive….). This is an exciting time with a very exciting company. Right candidate will thrive.
This is a Direct Hire role and compensation will be generous.
Please forward Word resume for prompt consideration. Local candidates only.