Field Inspector, Water Pollution (Will Train) – Direct Hire/Raleigh, NC
Our client, a Raleigh-based company that provides inspections for Water Pollution compliance, is actively recruiting for a dependable and versatile candidate to assume a key role on its Inspections team. Although environmental industry experience is preferred, company will happily train a sharp individual willing to learn. This is a field-based position, involving extensive time outdoors.
This company provides NPDES (National Pollution Discharge Elimination Systems) Inspections and consultation for land development sites across the Triangle area. Our client specializes in ensuring that development sites are compliant with government regulations by monitoring rainfall amounts and performing the necessary on-site inspections focusing on water pollution, erosion and sedimentation. This inspector will be trained to visit sites, evaluate compliance and provide required documentation.
Key Things to Note:
- The position will require moderate to strenuous hiking through mud and rough terrain in adverse weather conditions in and around active residential and commercial construction sites.
- Ideal candidates will be highly self-motivated and reliable as much of the role requires independent work. Seek candidate will exceptional time-management skills.
- The right candidate will possess strong attention to detail, and excellent writing skills with the ability to articulate findings into a written inspection report.
- A valid driver’s license is mandatory.
- Accurately document field observations and adhere to job-specific or company procedures.
- Perform compliance monitoring and inspections on client project(s) and provide inspection reports as required by North Carolina Department of Environment and Natural Resources Division of Water Quality as to compliance with NPDES permit requirements.
- Inspections will be performed once every seven calendar days and after each rainfall event of 1.0 inches or more.
- Candidate will be expected to be on call for inspections based on weather.
This is an important role and company will pay excellent wage, profit sharing and a company provided vehicle to retain the right candidate.
Ideal candidate will offer related experience in environmental work pertaining to construction, erosion control, or other construction inspection -- although company is open to training high caliber candidate with the demonstrated initiative, ability to learn and desire to work in outdoors, field-based role.
Other priorities include:
- Ability to learn how to interpret detailed construction plans.
- Microsoft Office (Primarily Word and Excel) and Adobe software
- Strong work ethic — dependability, a positive attitude and personal integrity
- Exceptional attention to detail
Finally and critically, we seek a self‐motivated, hands on candidate with the demonstrated ability to work independently and get things done attitude.
This is an immediate need. Please forward Word resume for prompt consideration. Local candidates only.