HR Business Partner (Employee Relations/Org Dev) – RTP Biotech (Contract to Start)
Our client, a successful and growing biotech that is expanding its RTP footprint, has an immediate need for a very sharp, knowledgeable and strategic HR professional to join its team. This position will begin as contract, with potential for long-term opportunities. Company will pay an excellent wage to attract and retain a star.
Key things to note:
- Company employs ~ 80 people locally, primarily production, quality, and technical personnel. Ideal candidate will bring experience working in a technical production facility (biotech a plus).
- This has been a year of tremendous growth and change and, as a result, shifts/enhancements in policies and practices. Right candidate will bring experience in a building, emerging setting.
- Although this role will handle all “generalist” responsibilities, the focus will be Employee Relations, Organizational Development, and Employee Engagement. Right candidate will have keen savvy about these critical functions.
- This is a hands-on role. We seek a strategist, but we also seek a hands-on doer.
- Company prides itself on its “people matter” culture. Right candidate will fully embrace this embedded philosophy and bring ideas and experiences that will foster its impact.
Position will involve partnering with the business leaders to solve organizational challenges through people-focused solutions while championing the corporate culture and values.
Specifics will include:
- Assessing and anticipating HR-related needs
- Providing thought leadership on organizational design and people-related strategy and execution, including Training
- Engaging Shared Services as needed for the team; developing integrated solutions
- Guiding and coaching managers on how to appropriately manage and resolve staff issues
- Developing strong, trust-based relationships
- Seeking ways to align programs and objectives with corporate core values
- Providing support and guidance on implementation of people programs and initiatives
- Acting as an employee champion and change agent
This is an important role at an exciting and important time.
Right candidate will be a highly savvy and proactive HR professional whose strength lies in his/her ability to work through sensitive, complex and/or critical issues with insight, energy, and focus.
Requirements include a related degree and 5+ years of broad-based HR experience with particular strengths in career planning, performance management, coaching, employee relations, learning and development, and recognition. Experiences in a production facility and/or life science preferred. Other priorities:
- Acts as a trusted confidante who helps to create a positive, engaging culture and environment
- Solves problems, gets to the root cause of any issue and designs and quickly implements solutions
- Brings collaborative spirit to daily interactions with excellent communication and influencing skills.
- Identifies Learning needs for business units and ensures success of programs for individuals and teams
- Strong partnership with HR teams (TA, Comp, Learning, etc.) to drive support of overall people goals.
- Excellent project/program management skills
- History of impact in previous role
Finally, and critically, we seek a creative thought leader who is able to balance the need to be a strategic partner with a roll-up-your-sleeves attitude. This is an immediate need.
Please forward Word resume for prompt consideration. Local candidates only.