IT Desktop Support/Engineer (Education Technology) – Cary/Contract to Start
Our client, a highly successful education management company, is actively recruiting for a bright and can-do candidate to assume key role on its IT support team.
Company has been partnering with educators to teach essential critical thinking skills for over 25 years. They utilize web applications to extend and enhance professional development of educators and to assist with implementation within classrooms. This position will administer company’s technologies and provide technical support to both internal and external customers at Level 1/2. We seek a skilled candidate with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills who is eager and ready to contribute.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Internal and external customer support via phone and support desk software
- Support/administration of various web applications
- Computer hardware/software provisioning
- Support of internal networks and remote employees
- Participation in upgrade and maintenance projects
- Basic network maintenance
- Upgrades and maintenance of employee computers
- Administration of Google Applications
- Documentation updates as needed
Targeted candidate will offer a related degree and 3+ years’ experience in technical support. Experience with Google Applications and CRM software are plusses. Other priorities include:
- Excellent communication skills
- Prior experience with remote support
- Familiarity with both Mac and Windows environments
- Knowledge and understanding of network technologies
Finally, and critically, we seek a self-starter with tremendous job ownership. This is a collaborative role in a dynamic setting. Seek team player who enjoys independently managing and juggling multiple tasks.
This is a Temp-to-Hire opportunity and an immediate need. Salary will be generous and commensurate with experience.
Please forward Word resume for prompt consideration. Local candidates only.