Legal Assistant (Litigation & Personal Injury), up to $20 per hour, temp-to-hire, Raleigh
Our client, an established boutique litigation firm, seeks a sharp, capable and collaborative Legal Assistant/Paralegal.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone with prior experience to hone their skills and work with nationally recognized attorneys.
Because they need someone to hit the ground running, prior experience with personal injury and litigation is highly preferred.
- Keeps cases organized by establishing and organizing files; monitoring calendars; meeting deadlines; documenting actions; inputting information into file database and case management software; confirming case status with attorney.
- Helps develop cases by maintaining contact with people involved in the case; scheduling depositions; preparing and forwarding summonses and subpoenas; drafting complaints; preparing and filing discovery requests; preparing responses to opposing counsel; generating status reports.
- Keeps clients informed by maintaining contact; communicating case progress.
- Maintains case costs by verifying outstanding balances with attorney, clients, and providers.
- Supports case preparation by preparing case summaries and materials for mediation conferences; preparing pleadings; monitoring and obtaining discovery responses; organizing materials for team case review.
- Enhances trial proceedings by organizing evidence; preparing exhibits; scheduling witnesses; ensuring that witnesses are ready when needed; taking courtroom notes.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications.
The selected candidate will be a quick study who can shift gears readily, prioritize effectively and modify work plans to suit shifting needs. Demonstrated ability to develop positive relationships with colleagues and supervisors is important.
If you feel you have the required experience and skills for this role, please respond with a copy of your resume in MS Word.
Our recruiters will review all applications promptly and reach out to qualified candidates.