Legal Practice Assistant (Immigration/Labor & Employment) – Raleigh/Top $$
Our client, one of the largest labor and employment law firms throughout the US and abroad, is actively recruiting for a very sharp and capable Practice Assistant to assume key role on its Immigration team. Company will pay excellent wage to attract and retain a star.
Key things to note:
- This Assistant will handle both secretarial and clerical tasks. Some will be relatively simple and routine while others will be complex and ad hoc. Seek candidate who brings discipline and accuracy to the routine and energy and ingenuity to the complex.
- Role will involve drafting and completing correspondence, legal documents and forms. Work must be error-free. Strong proofreading skills and keen attention to detail will be critical.
- This firm prides itself on its professionalism and commitment to client service excellence. Seek candidate whose administrative capabilities are complemented by superb communication and relationship-building skills. Exceptional discretion is expected.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Composes and drafts routine correspondence, e-mails, forms and documents related to intake of new client materials.
- Proofreads documents and checks for appropriate formatting, spelling and grammar.
- Communicates by phone and in writing directly with foreign nationals and client contacts.
- Reviews and routes incoming mail and prepares and processes outgoing mail.
- Maintains and updates the calendars for assigned attorneys, including meetings, appointments, and client-related activities.
- Creates and maintains paper and electronic files.
- Conducts bi-weekly file audit to track files and locate missing files as needed.
- Prepares files for closure, including updating file status, relocating related electronic messages for archival and preparing closed file documentation.
- Receives and screens phone calls and takes message as required. Receives and directs clients and visitors.
- Coordinates travel arrangements, prepares itineraries and expense reimbursement and disbursement requests.
- Schedules meetings and arranges for conference rooms and meals.
Seek candidate with 5+ years legal secretary or administrative experience in a professional services environment. Other priorities include:
- Accurate typing of at least 70 words per minute
- Strong computer proficiency in MS Office, document management, time entry, e-filing and database software
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong proofreading skills
- Superior organizational skills
- Time management skills and ability to work independently as well as with a team
This is a Direct Hire position and an immediate need.
Please forward Word resume for prompt considerations. Local candidates only.