Logistics/Import Coordinator, Freight Forwarding – To $42K/Direct Hire
Our client, a highly successful global logistics firm with a growing presence in the Triangle, is actively recruiting for a very sharp, capable and self-directed candidate to assume a key role on its Client Services team.
This company, with 30+ offices across the globe and a small but growing office located at RDU airport, is one of the leading freight forwarding and transportation companies in the world.
This Coordinator will be part of a team of Logistics professionals who work with clients to ensure their goods are properly transported internationally (air and ocean). Background in Freight Forwarding is required.
Position will involve all aspects of transportation including communication with office/agent, customs and the client, as well as ensuring quality follow up of import shipments. Specifics will include:
- Preparing quotes through our Quotation system
- Coordinating shipping freight with overseas and US agents and partners
- Handling all documents related to shipping freight including setup files for pre-alerts received, customer updates, documents for Customs Clearance, etc.
- Selecting and dispatching trucker and arranging delivery to customers
- Processing payables and billing in Accounting system
- Checking status on shipments, checking POD's and charges, tracking cargo from origin to final destination, following up on shipments for final ETA date, etc.
- Supporting the Quality System (ISO )by working closely with management, sales and/or operations to ensure goals and objectives are met
- Ensuring adherence to procedures for any issues of non-conformance that could directly affect the success of the Quality System
Targeted candidate will offer 1-3 years of related global, freight-forwarding (ocean and/or air) experience. Import preferred.
Other priorities include:
- Outstanding organizational skills, including proven ability to track order fulfillment from quote to delivery to billing
- Exceptional attention to details
- Great customer service skills
- Collaborative, team-oriented work style
- Word and Excel proficiency
Finally, we seek a flexible and resourceful candidate who will work exceedingly well in a dynamic and empowered setting. The projected growth is tremendous, and deadlines and priorities change constantly. Seek a skilled point-person who enjoys the pace and stays focused on the goal.
This is a Direct Hire role that will pay to $42k (plus benefits).
Please forward Word resume for prompt consideration. Local candidates only.