Mail Room Messenger, Law Firm, Raleigh, Temp-to-Hire, $12-14 per hour
Our client, an established North Carolina Law firm, with multiple locations, seeks an upbeat Mail Room Messenger to join their team. This is a great opportunity to work for a firm that values teamwork, quality and putting the client first.
The client is targets folks who have some experience in professional services or customer service. This is a fast-paced environment that requires excellent multi-tasking and communication skills. All work involves legal professionals and clients. They seek someone with a go-getter personality and a professional demeanor.
Key Things to Note:
- This is not a “desk” job. 70% of this position requires moving. 20% standing and 10% sitting at a desk.
- This position requires the use of a personal vehicle so a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation is needed.
Essential Job Functions:
- Open/Close Office. Open/close offices, conference rooms, work areas, check supplies, turn lights on/off, lock/unlock office doors. Some weekend, holiday and evening work required.
- Copies. Operate and maintain copiers. Bill clients for all copies. Record copy machine usage data. Be aware of, and on the outlook for, any equipment problems - promptly report these in order to keep systems running.
- Mail. Pick-up, sort, open and deliver all incoming mail. Proof, seal, apply postage, bill clients for postage and deliver mail to post office. Handle registered, certified and express mail as well as UPS packages. Operate and maintain automatic mail machines and scales.
- Internal Distribution. Deliver mail throughout building on a regular schedule delivering and picking up mail, copies, files, library materials, supplies and other work product to/from all offices and departments.
- Errands. Deliver and pick-up documents, packages, etc. to/from clients, other attorneys, financial institutions, real estate offices and courthouses, both locally and in surrounding counties. Pick up and deliver clients, attorneys, witnesses and visitors to/from the airport, hotels, or courts. Some last minute runs to expedited courier providers (UPS or Federal Express) at the local airports are sometimes necessary.
- Supplies. Pick up and accept delivery of office supplies; stock supply shelves; provide supplies to offices, departments, conference rooms, and office machines.
- Cleaning. Maintain conference rooms, supply rooms, reception, the lounge, all commons areas as well as the grounds, dumpster areas and entrances in a neat, clean and orderly manner.
- Telephone. Answer the Mail Room telephone promptly and respond quickly to all requests. May be required to serve as back-up to Reception.
- Courier. Sort, deliver and pick up materials and office supplies being sent between branch offices or the administrative building and ensure that they are delivered to the proper person or department.
- Education: High school diploma required.
- License/Certification: Notary Public certification required after successful 90-day introductory period.
- Core Competencies: Compatibility and teamwork are essential skills. There will be extensive contact with clients, attorneys, public officials and the public -- in person and on the telephone. Work is supervised by the Office Services Supervisor.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, stoop, kneel, and crouch, or sit for long periods of time. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to climb ladders to reach high shelving and/or to replace light bulbs; Long periods are spent on feet and must be able to move quickly in response to immediate requests. Eyesight must allow proofreading of extensive legal documents. Clear, distinct speaking voice and excellent hearing are required to give and receive instructions and for contact with clients and public officials.
This is a temp to hire position and will pay anywhere from $12-14 per hour. If interested, please submit your resume in a Word format.