Major/National Accounts Manager (Manufacturing Technologies) – Top $$/Fortune 500
Our client, a highly successful provider of cutting-edge product protection solutions to major consumer goods and manufacturing companies across the globe, is expanding its East Coast footprint and is actively recruiting for a top-notch professional to join its Business Development team.
This is a critical role and Company will offer an outstanding compensation package (rich base, bonus and equity components) to attract and retain an outstanding candidate.
Key things to note:
- The company offers coatings and other solutions that protect products from environmental factors that may cause damage. Market response has been strong.
- The company has signed contracts with some of the top consumer, IT, telecom and industrial products companies in the world (Fortune 50). The pipeline is expanding. The future is bright.
- The Sales Cycle is long. Targets are high volume manufacturers with complex procurement and production protocols. There are numerous stakeholders, who have varying priorities. This Accounts Manager will shepherd the process while building quality relationships with all players. Seek candidate accustomed to a similarly complex and extended Sales process.
- Most clients rely on OEMs (Original Equipment Manufacturers) and CMOs (Contract Manufacturing Organizations) in their manufacturing processes. This Accounts Manager will regularly interface with both on behalf of their shared client. This Accounts Manager may also expand the relationships with these vendors, potentially developing co-promote opportunities.
- Travel is estimated at 30%, including international.
This Major Accounts Manager will be responsible for managing the Sales efforts for target clients with particular focus on the relationships with the CMO vendors including internal and external account coordination, communication, negotiation, and customer service.
- Act as primary point of contact for CMOs charged with facilitating day-to-day business relationship
- Coordinate all internal and external communication with customer(s), across functions
- Establish and maintain key stakeholder relationships within and across the organization
- Work closely with R&D, operations, technical sales, and marketing to ensure timely and successful delivery of solutions aligned to customer needs and expectations
- Facilitate new business opportunities for existing and new OEM programs
- Develop and deliver complete and compelling proposals
- Negotiate and manage contracts
- Inform, educate and facilitate contract manufacturer enablement
- Drive promotional and co-marketing opportunities with contract manufacturer
- Maintain CRM updates including weekly, monthly, and quarterly reporting
Targeted candidate will offer a Business or Engineering degree and 7+ years of success in B2B Account Management and Business Development roles, ideally providing manufacturing value-add solutions. MBA a plus.
Other priorities include:
- Impressive record of growing customer value for high volume, global manufacturing firms.
- Familiarity with a complex, layered Sales/Procurement dynamic, ideally including the involvement of CMOs and OEMs.
- Ability to master technical processes, material science, coating industry idiosyncrasies
- Accomplished negotiator with track record of navigating complex deals
- History of longevity, results and impact.
This is an immediate need. Local candidates targeted – and position is located in the RTP corporate offices.
Please forward Word resume for prompt consideration.