Marketing/Communications Associate (Social Media Focus) – Cancer Research/Direct Hire
Our client, an NC-based organization dedicated to improving the lives of cancer patients and their families, is actively recruiting for a skilled and versatile Communications Associate to assume key role on its team. This organization is conducting research designed and intended to enhance cancer research methodology. This is important work and this Communications Associate will assist the team in “spreading the word.”
Key things to note:
- This is a newly-created role in a young organization in start-up mode. Seek candidate who once acclimated, will work extremely well with limited direction and structure. Resourcefulness and ingenuity will be key.
- Initially this position will focus on broad-based communications initiatives such as Website Upkeep, Social Media and Marketing Assets. Seek candidate with particular interest and experience with these functions.
- Position will involve a good deal of writing and editing for highly-educated audiences from industry, academia and government. Right candidate will bring impeccable English proficiency (both spoken and written) and demonstrate smart, error-free and compliant work.
- This is an independent contributor role in a highly collaborative setting. Seek exceedingly competent candidate who can strike that balance.
Responsibilities will include:
- Update content (text/photos/video) and ensuring consistency with all organization websites
- Perform intermittent quality control checks (e.g., Are links working? Is content outdated?)
- Assist with content creation and copy editing
- Plan/schedule posts
- Coordinate with internal staff for newsworthy items
- Mine for relevant content and cultivate online relationships
- Regularly update and ensure accuracy of key marketing and communications assets (brochures and PowerPoint presentations)
- Assist in the creation of post-event reports and ad hoc presentations
Targeted candidate will offer a Bachelor’s degree (English, Journalism, Marketing, Communications or related field) and 2+ years performing tasks noted above and related communications/marketing activities in a corporate or non-profit environment. Excellent communications skills (both verbal and written), especially as it relates to communicating clearly, concisely and with purpose, are critical. Other priorities include:
- Familiarity with social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn)
- Current and continually-advancing technical skills (MS Office, Drupal)
- Outstanding project planning and execution skills
- Proactive, resourceful, flexible and can-do work style
Finally, this is a dynamic, empowered, collaborative and mission-driven setting. Seek insightful, self-directed and competent professional who can gain the respect and cooperation of colleagues and partners in order to achieve shared success. Unwavering commitment to excellence will be critical.
This is an immediate need and a Direct Hire opportunity.
Please forward Word resume for prompt consideration. Local candidates targeted at this time.