Medical Office Front Desk (Will Train) - $14/hour (Customer Service Bkgd)
Our client, a highly successful Pediatrics Practice in the Triangle, is expanding rapidly and currently recruiting for several candidates to join its Patient Services team. Positions are in offices throughout the Triangle (see details below), and involve a variety of Front Office duties (scheduling, greeting, insurance processing, etc.).
This is an outstanding foot-in-the-door opportunity for candidates who are interested in a career in the Medical field.
Key things to note:
- These positions involve handling any Front Office duties that develop, and require candidates who are extremely versatile and adaptable. Right candidate will have demonstrated ability to keep a level head and stay focused despite fast pace and frequent change.
- While some Medical Office experience is desirable, client is prepared to train high potential candidates from other customer service fields including retail, restaurant, hospitality, etc.
- In addition to meeting, greeting and scheduling functions, roles will involve processing insurance, updating patient records, etc. Right candidate will be a people person who brings a keen eye for detail and excellent organizational skills.
- This is a Pediatric Practice. Engaging, warm, professional, patient demeanor will be essential.
- These are temp-to-hire opportunities paying $14/hour to start. Locations include:
- Holly Springs/Cary
- Wake Forest
Selected responsibilities will include:
- Greet patients/parents upon arrival in a positive courteous manner
- Follow check-in procedure for each patient including obtaining, updating and entering demographic and insurance information, processing HIPAA forms, and updating Patient Log
- Verify the completion of all Pre-Visit Planning forms and Patient Portal Account. Follow-up on incomplete forms/accounts as needed
- Explain balances on accounts due, collect payment and co-payments at time of check-in
- Answer phones, schedule appointments, route calls and handle patients’ needs as appropriate
- Protect sensitive and private information by keeping patient records confidential in accordance with Practice, HIPAA, local, state and federal laws and regulations
- Keep all patient and work areas clean and organized; maintain a neat, clean and professional appearance at all times
- Commit to providing the highest level of patient care
- Exhibit willingness and ability to cross train for other appropriate practice responsibilities
The right candidate(s) will be highly capable quick studies who demonstrate the ability to juggle multiple tasks in a fast-paced, highly dynamic setting. 2+ years working with the public in a customer service capacity will be important.
Other priorities include:
- Excellent organizational and detail skills
- Technical proficiency, including demonstrated ability to learn medical databases
- Strong communication skills
- Absolute discretion
- Desire to work with patients and families, combined with ability to de-stress sometimes stressful situations
Finally and critically, we seek a team player who helps where the help is needed. Experience working in a team environment and being the “go-to” when problems arise is strongly preferred.
This is an immediate need. Please forward Word resume for prompt consideration.