Network/Connectivity Specialist (Medical Device) - RTP
Our client, a rapidly-expanding medical device company in the RTP area, is actively recruiting for a very sharp Technical Implementation Specialist to join its team. This is a new and important role as the company is preparing for a device launch in the U.S. market. The company will pay excellent wage to attract and retain a star.
The company is developing cutting edge diagnostics tools that are sold to hospitals and clinics. The Technical Implementation Specialist is responsible for ensuring successful connectivity of company products to hospital IT infrastructure. We seek a self-motivated candidate with strong attention to detail and problem solving skills.
Responsibilities will include:
- Complete hospital IT risk assessments (security, compliance, technical configuration)
- Communicate and collaborate with IT personnel and clinical project managers at hospitals to connect the medical device to existing facility infrastructure (POCT/LIS/HIS/EMR)
- Work with third party vendors of POCT or LIS solutions for connectivity and troubleshoot when needed
- Provide technical support for complex connectivity inquiries and troubleshooting
- Provide training to clinical staff, IT personnel and commercial teams on the medical device network solutions
- Collaborate with Marketing and software engineers on development/testing/implementation of network solutions for the medical device
- Maintain effective project documentation
This role will require nationwide travel to customer sites, as needed (less than 50%).
Ideal candidate will offer a related degree and 3+ years of IT customer support experience, ideally within the healthcare or medical device industry.
Other priorities include:
- In depth knowledge of computer networking
- Excellent communication skills – the ability to effectively communicate with both IT technical and non-technical personnel
- Knowledge of POCT system infrastructure and message routing systems
- Experience working within FDA/ISO Quality Management System
- Knowledge of hospital network security including HIPAA and data security considerations
Company is growing and seeks a top-notch candidate who will grow with them. Please forward Word resume for prompt consideration. Local candidates only.