Paralegal/Legal Assistant, In-House (Contracts, SEC, Risk Management) – NC Pharma/Top $$
Our client, a rapidly-expanding pharmaceutical firm in Research Triangle Park, NC, is actively recruiting for a highly capable Legal professional to assume key role on its Legal team. This is a hybrid role handling both paralegal and legal assistant duties. Company will pay industry-leading wage to attract and retain a star.
Key things to note:
- This Legal Assistant will report to the Chief Legal Officer and will be involved in supporting a broad range of corporate legal matters. Seek competent and versatile professional who can be a skilled point-person.
- This is a publicly-held company and SEC reporting and compliance matters will be driven by the legal team. Experience assisting with SEC filings, board meetings, stockholder meetings, etc. will be important.
- This Legal Assistant will assist with Contracts Administration. Seek candidate with a keen eye for detail and experience updating, uploading and managing contract details.
Specific tasks will include:
- Provides contract administration support including contract review, drafting, tracking, execution, termination, and renewal
- Assists with SEC filings (including Section 16 reporting, proxy statements, Forms 8-K, 10-Q and 10-K), board/committee meeting preparation and materials, and annual stockholder meeting matters
- Manages corporate subsidiaries, director and officer information, corporate record keeping, transaction execution, governance policies, and compliance processes
- Assists with M&A and other strategic transactions, including providing due diligence support, data room management and preparing and organizing deal documents
- Manages scheduling and completing corporate governance and securities filings
- Partners with other teams within the company and external parties to ensure efficient workflow handling of requests and contract facilitation and signature
- Ideal candidate will offer a Paralegal Certificate and 3+ years of directly related work – including experience assisting with SEC filings and board operations. In addition, we seek a diligent, detail-oriented, and highly organized professional. A lot is happening and we seek a candidate who can juggle it all – while maintaining superb work product quality.
Finally, seek a competent and confident communicator. This Legal Assistant will regularly work with high level executives and other high expectations stakeholders. He/she must offer the demonstrated ability to readily gain their trust, respect and cooperation.
This is an immediate need. Client is targeting candidates who are open to a Contract-to-Hire arrangement, but will consider Direct Hire for an exceptional candidate.
Please forward Word resume for prompt reply. Local candidates only.