Patient Financial Counselor/Collections (Surgical Center) - $20++/hour
Our client, a Raleigh-based Surgery Center, is currently recruiting for a highly skilled Collections Specialist with particular strength in medical billing and collections to assume key role on its Financial Counseling team. Ideal candidate will have experience handling all aspects of collections in a surgical office.
The Collections Specialist will work extensively with the patient to ensure billing goes as smoothly as possible. He/she will be an important liaison with the patient and caregivers, and must complement extensive knowledge of medical billing and collections (and insurance, prequalification, etc.) with a soft touch and a patient work style.
Role will involve the follow-up and collection of outstanding accounts receivables associated with claims for Private Insurance, Workers’ Compensation, and Contract Lien accounts, as well as all other aspects of collections and payment posting, resolving patient billing issues and reducing accounts receivable. He/she will inform patients as to financial requirements, pre-qualifies third party coverage, etc. Specifics include:
- Communicates effectively with patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers.
- Interactions are respectful and courteous.
- Communicates effectively and professionally using a translator when necessary.
- Counsels patients about CCSC charges and insurance coverage.
- Informs patient and appropriate others as to financial requirements.
- Reviews estimated fee schedules, written explanations, coverage available, and payment responsibilities with the patient or family/significant other before surgery; documents the review in the patient's medical record.
- Assists patient or family/significant other by answering questions or resolving discrepancies in charges, billing, and reimbursement.
- Is familiar with and can explain process for anesthesia billing and all other ancillary billing services and items to the patient. Assists with calling the patient to inform of their estimated out of pocket amount
- Understand Care Credit process and terminology
- Assists the patient or family/significant other in planning a payment schedule, filing insurance, and handling any problems occurring in the reimbursement process.
- Setting up a financial payment arrangement with a patient
- Extensive experience in medical billing and collections, including full life cycle knowledge of pre-qualification, insurance billing, co-payments, coverage availability, etc.
- Ability to work with professional and nonprofessional personnel.
- A high degree of confidentiality in maintaining records.
- Working knowledge of business office procedures and accounting principles.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
This is a temp-to-hire position, and will pay ~$20/hour to start. Some flexibility to increase for experienced specialists.
Working hours are Monday through Friday from 8:30-5:00 p.m.
Please forward Word resume for prompt consideration. Local candidates only.