Project Manager (Risk Management/Tree Care/Restoration) – Direct Hire/Cary, NC
Our client, a Cary-based company in high growth mode, is actively recruiting for a skilled and versatile Project Manager to assume key role on its Operations team.
This company provides the insurance industry with a wide range of services that support claims involving trees, shrubs, turf, etc. These include basic tree removal services (for residents or businesses) as well as complex risk assessments for commercial properties (golf courses, resorts, etc.). This company is the industry leader in its field, and the future is very bright. Seek highly skilled PM who will be able to hit the ground running.
Although “green” or insurance industry experience is preferred, company will consider Project Managers from related industries including restoration, construction, consulting, etc.
Key Things to Note:
- This is a newly-created role established to accommodate growth. Seek savvy Project Manager who will enjoy trail-blazing this function within the company.
- Projects can be small and contained or large and wide-reaching. Right candidate will understand how to apply Project Management principles to all.
- Role will involve pulling together disparate resources and ensuring that all stakeholders are aware of (and complying with) timelines, deliverables, quality standards, budgets, etc. Right candidate will be a superb communicator and a proactive and thoughtful coordinator.
- Role will also involve ensuring database upkeep, document management and report writing. Seek candidate with exceptional attention to detail and business writing skill.
- The business is somewhat seasonal and will have significant spikes when weather or other impactful events occur. Overtime will be occasional, but can be extreme.
- Manage the completion of consulting and other projects
- Projects can range in size from single‐day inspections to months‐long inspections involving multiple subject matter experts and an array of deliverables on large commercial properties
- Review all contract/policy terms and ensure that project plan is compliant. Upload information into database
- Engage required partners/contractors and ensure they have the necessary information to successfully complete their assignments
- Collect all documentation, photos, etc. from field personnel and ensure that they are properly loaded into the company database
- Support Finance team by collecting all necessary details about a project that will impact the collections effort
- Document all contacts, claim details and participation percentages before submitting for invoicing
- Support the publication of reports for insurance claim and other applications
- Work closely with the Chief Operating Officer on interpreting data submitted from arborists concerning damage done to trees, shrubs, turf and other items on which a claim has been filed
- During peak times, assist in coordinating emergency tree removal assignments submitted to the company
- Participate in an on-call rotation for 24/7 emergency phone line and e‐mail claim activity
This is an important role and company will pay excellent wage (plus generous benefits) to retain the right candidate.
Targeted candidate will offer a related degree and 4+ years of related Project Management experience. Tree Care, Insurance, Restoration, Construction or other similar industry considered.
Other priorities include:
- Substantial experience applying Best Practices Project Management principles; PMI certification a plus
- Exceptional communication skills
- Creative and pragmatic problem-solving skill
- Keen attention to detail
- Longevity and impact in previous roles
Finally and critically, we seek a self‐motivated, enthusiastic, dynamic and goal-oriented candidate with the demonstrated ability to garner the respect and cooperation of this broad constituency in order to achieve shared success. A lot is happening. We seek a seasoned point-person who gets things done.
This is an immediate need. Please forward Word resume for prompt consideration. Local candidates only.