Project Manager, Water/Wastewater Treatment Plant Design – Top $$/Will Relo
Our client, a well-respected and rapidly-expanding Engineering firm that services clients throughout the Southeast, is expanding its Raleigh presence and seeking to identify a high-quality Engineer/Project Manager to lead its Water/Wastewater practice.
This is an important hire, and the firm is prepared to pay industry-leading compensation (including relo support) to attract and retain a star.
Key things to note:
- This is a hybrid role - driving exceptional execution of awarded projects while also helping to build the business and run the office. We seek a skilled and knowledgeable Project Manager, who is also a business leader.
- This division will specialize in Water/Wastewater services, and this Engineer will lead the design of treatment plants. Right candidate will have substantial experience in that space. Experience working with municipalities is assumed and important.
- This firm boasts an outstanding reputation for quality and is seeking to expand its NC footprint with candidates who embrace a similar service philosophy and skill level. We seek a builder who brings excellence every day.
Position will involve serving as the Water/Wastewater leader in Raleigh. As the Project Manager (PM), the role will involve planning, coordinating and directing design activities to ensure goals and objectives of all projects are accomplished within the prescribed scheduling, budget and funding parameters.
- Acting as Engineer-in-Charge, including signing and sealing documents
- Developing project scope, fees for services, contracts for agreements of engineering services, project budgeting, project scheduling, and client communication
- Interfacing with clients on a regular basis to ensure the highest level of client satisfaction and to help identify and develop future business opportunities
- Working across disciplines to secure surveying, electrical engineering assistance and necessary design assistance from other design groups within the firm
- Coordinating required assistance from outside consultants
- Ensuring that required internal quality control is applied to each project from conceptual planning through final design.
- Participating in business development activities including assisting in the development and delivery of proposals and presentations
Targeted candidate will offer a related Engineering degree and 7+ years of experience with 2+ years in Project Management roles. Extensive experience in the design of Water/Wastewater Treatment plants will be essential.
Other priorities include:
- Substantial experience working with municipalities
- Demonstrated experience in personnel and project management techniques including budgeting, leadership, training and business development
- North Carolina PE licensure or the ability to obtain licensure within 6 months
- AutoCAD – Civil 3D expertise as well as proficiency in commonly used computer software
- Longevity, growth, and impact in previous roles
Finally and critically, we seek a go-getter who will bring the energy, leadership and entrepreneurial spirit needed to take this thriving practice to the next level. A lot is happening, and the future is exceedingly bright. We seek a versatile and industrious contributor who can hit the ground running.
This is an immediate need. Please forward Word resume for prompt consideration.