Project/Program Manager (Diagnostic/Clinical Services) – Direct Hire
Our client, a Raleigh-based life sciences company that offers cutting edge diagnostic tools to the medical community, is actively recruiting for a highly skilled Project Manager to oversee the operations of one of its lead service lines.
This is an all-consuming role, liaising with patients, physicians, labs and other vendors and healthcare providers. Seek candidate whose exceptional organizational skills are complemented by superb communication and interpersonal skills.
Company will pay top dollar to attract and retain the right candidate.
Key Things to Note:
- This PM will be responsible for managing third-party diagnostic vendors, fulfilling kit requests and inventory needs, monitoring kit lifecycles, and ensuring timely and accurate diagnostic results to providers. We seek a juggler with exceptional planning skills. Some experience in healthcare supplies management and/or logistics would be valuable.
- Role will also involve interpretation and discussion of results. Scientific/clinical bkgd is required.
- This company is experiencing growth and change. Right candidate will bring a process improvement mentality and will help develop processes that are efficient and streamlined while ensuring consistent outcomes.
This Project Manager will drive all aspects of the diagnostics service delivery including ensuring that 3rd party vendors are on track, inventory levels are properly maintained and results are delivered on time, error-free and stress-free. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Develop diagnostics delivery plans that include project monitoring, communication planning, tracking of milestones and timelines, risk management, and action logs
- Serve as a primary point of contact for diagnostic inquiries coming from healthcare providers, patients, etc.
- Manage on-site diagnostic test kit assembly, shipment, and inventory including logistical planning for off-site specimen collection, storage, and shipping as well as delivering metrics in analytic reports
- Oversee test results from third-party vendor
- Develop diagnostic working instructions and training manuals
- Troubleshoot issues in a timely, customer-focused manner
- Provide input into project proposals as well as lead discussions around budget implications and changes
- Collaborate with other functional groups to manage potential issues and obstacles, brainstorm new ideas, and assist in areas of need
- Lead in the identification and resolution of service level issues, as well as the proactive development of contingency plans to mitigate testing risks
Targeted candidate will offer a related 4 year degree (BS) in a scientific discipline, as well as 3+ years of Project Management experience in lab services, diagnostic reporting or clinical services in the pharmaceutical or medical industry. Understanding the idiosyncrasies of using third party vendors, including lab and diagnostic vendors, will be important.
Other priorities include:
- Outstanding organizational skills, including proactive inventory planning
- Familiarity with US regulatory environment and shipping regulations
- Ability to perform data analysis, including forecasting, to prevent and solve complex problems
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Polished and professional communication skills
- Flexible manner, ability to adjust and reprioritize as needed
- Longevity and impact in previous roles
Finally and critically, we seek a quick study who will thrive in this building environment – a PM who brings ingenuity, versatility and positivity. It is an exciting time with a company that is doing important things. We seek a get-it-done achiever who is eager to contribute.
This is an immediate need. Please forward Word resume for prompt consideration. Local candidates only.