Python Programmer, Machine Learning (Cancer CT Scans) – Contract to Start/Top $$
Our client, a Cary-based research consortium that is wholly-focused on using technology to enhance the methods and outcomes of cancer research, has an immediate need for a very sharp and capable candidate to provide Python programming and analytics.
The team, in partnership with SAS personnel, is providing critical data support to these paradigm-shifting cancer research endeavors. It is important and exciting work, and we seek a go-getter who is ready and eager to contribute.
This position will begin as a 6-month contract. Hourly wage will be generous.
Responsibilities will include:
- Write Python programming code to investigate, explore and transform cancer images and associated datasets with the goal of increasing their value and utility
- Write and run Python programs on the organization platform and in local applications:
- Python, Jupyter Notebook, SAS VDMML
- Validate the results of peer data specialists, and produce appropriate and relevant documentation
- Prepare images for general platform use for machine learning by external users (such as crowdsourcing) and for select project use by organization’s Images and Algorithms research program
- Convert datasets to DICOM or other identified image standards
- Build image management process and requisite end user training in production SAS VDMML / SAS Viya environment in conjunction with SAS Computer Vision team
- Create and maintain programs that extract image tag metadata to search and document images, to report image metrics, and to link to associated clinical trial patient datasets
This is an immediate need.
Targeted candidate will offer a related degree and intermediate level Python programming expertise. Recent grads will be considered, presuming they have other skills/exposure noted.
Experience working with medical, clinical trial or health data will be important.
Other priorities include:
- Image processing
- Machine learning algorithm development
- Familiarity with health care data, patient data, or convolutional neural networks
- Experience supporting IT projects and/or cancer research would be highly desirable:
- SAS or R
- SAS VDMML
- deidentified/anonymized data
Finally, this is a dynamic, empowered, collaborative and mission-driven setting. Seek smart, insightful and self-directed candidate who will thrive.
Please forward Word resume for prompt consideration. Local candidates only.