Quality Inspector/Technician (2nd Shift) – To $15/hr
Our client, a highly successful company that applies cutting edge technologies to produce consumer and industrial products, is actively recruiting for a Quality Inspector/Technician to join its Quality team. This is a Temp-to-Hire opportunity.
Key things to note:
- The company runs 3 shifts and is specifically targeting a Quality Inspector who will cover the 2nd shift.
- These are “quality-focused” roles. Some experience as a Quality Inspector, including the ability to read and interpret process drawings, will be essential.
- The company is located in Zebulon, ~ 30 minutes east of Raleigh.
- This company has created a family-friendly, people matter culture. Benefits are extremely generous
The Quality Inspector is responsible for conducting inspection and testing activities to ensure our products comply with quality and design standards. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Read and understand product drawings (Extrusion, Final, Packaging), SOPs, procedures, work instructions and forms.
- Use and care of metrology equipment (Tape Measures, Pie Tapes, Calipers, Go/No-Go Gages, Density Test)
- First Article Inspection & In-Process Inspection
- Perform First Piece Sign-Off Activities on all products during extrusion
- Perform In-Process Inspection Activities as required
- Inspect and verify that packaging goods (cartons, sleeves, labels, etc.) are correct for production order(s)
- Inspect and verify raw materials are correct for production order(s)
- Performing quality functions, inspection and testing (measurements, density, color, aesthetic, etc)
- Fosters Continuous Improvement activities and culture
Targeted candidate will offer 1+ years in a directly related role in Quality. High School Diploma or GED required.
Other priorities include:
· ASQ certification or ability to achieve certification within 6 months of hire
· Ability to read and understand product drawings, SOPs, procedures, work instructions and forms.
· Ability to fully utilize measurement equipment including calipers, indicators, tape measures, scales, etc.
· Ability to take preventive and/or corrective action when abnormalities occur
Finally and importantly, we seek a team player who is ready and eager to contribute to the ongoing success of this company. The Quality function is a top priority in this environment and we seek a Quality professional who can add great value.
This is an immediate need. Please forward Word resume for prompt consideration. Client is targeting local candidates at this time.