SAS Programmer, Research Projects (CNN/Python Involved) – 6 Month Contract/Top $$
Our client, a Cary-based organization dedicated to enhancing the methods by which Cancer Research is conducted, has an immediate need for a top-notch and highly versatile SAS Programmer to join its team.
This is a contract position, expected to last 6 months or more. Client will pay excellent wage for excellent person.
Key things to note:
- Client is developing data sharing platforms that will enable all participating organizations (industry, academia, government) to have access to accumulated cancer research data.
- There are numerous initiatives underway, each of which has its own complexities and challenges. This SAS Programmer will play a critical role in developing the related tools and platforms.
- In addition to SAS, role will involve Python for image work and Convolutional Neural Networks. Related exposure would be valuable – but is not required.
- Many initiatives are in start-up mode. Seek SAS Programmer who enjoys the challenge of working without a roadmap. Exceptional critical thinking skills will be essential.
- Some flexibility on schedule – in-office role.
Selected responsibilities will include:
- Write SAS programming code to investigate, explore and transform cancer datasets with the goal of increasing their value and utility
- Write and run SAS programs, in a variety of ways, on organization’s platform and in local applications: o PC SAS, SAS LSAF, SAS VDMML, SAS Studio, SAS Visual Analytics, SAS Data Studio
- Validate the results of peer data specialists as required, and produce appropriate and relevant documentation
- Create standardized aggregated datasets that combine raw and analysis data across multiple clinical studies
- Convert datasets to CDISC or other identified data standards
- Create documented datasets for reporting by external users
- Process medical images using Python
- Employ CNNs to compile and analyze visual imagery
- Create and maintain programs that extract repository metadata to report and graph clinical study and user metrics
This is a critical need for an organization doing important work. Right candidate will be a highly versatile Programmer who will bring the skill and ingenuity needed to transform voluminous and complex cancer datasets into information that can be used by the research teams.
Requirements include a related degree and 6+ years of SAS programming experience handling similar tasks.
This includes extensive experience with SAS data step programming, SAS PROCs for data manipulation, and importing and exporting SAS transport and Excel/CSV file formats.
Other priorities include:
- Image processing (Python, R)
- Machine learning algorithm development
- SAS VDMML
- Convolutional neural networks (CNNs)
- Deidentified/anonymized data
- Familiarity with health care data, patient data, etc.
- Experience supporting IT projects and/or cancer research
Finally, we seek a team player who will thrive in this dynamic, empowered, collaborative and mission-driven setting. A lot is happening, and we seek insightful, self-directed and extremely competent professional who is ready and eager to contribute.
This is an immediate need. Please forward Word resume for prompt consideration. Local candidates only.